St. Andrew UMC: Finance Assistant II
Date Posted: 9/23/2019
St. Andrew UMC, Plano, TX
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager this position would assist with the day-to-day operations around all financial activity of the church. The Finance Assistant is responsible for maintaining and proactively facilitating a good relationship with the Church staff, visitors and membership and is a partner in ministry helping to fulfill the mission and vision of St. Andrew United Methodist Church.
- Prepare weekly payables
- Verify requests
- Enter invoices
- Print checks
- Mail/Distribute checks
- Scan/File all documents
- Manage the weekly invoices to assist with cash flow
- Work with outside vendors
- Maintain W9 files
- Assist with 1099 preparation
- Serve as backup to Finance Assistant I as needed
- Assist with annual audit requests
- Assist visitors, or members with access for giving account login
- Maintain a positive rapport with visitors, congregation, and staff
- Attend St. Andrew Staff meetings as requested
- Serve as backup to Finance Assistant I
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or higher
- Knowledge of Fund Accounting Systems
- 3 or more years Administrative Experience
- 2 or more yeas of Financial Assistance
Competencies: Microsoft Office, ACS/Realm (knowledgeable, but not required), organized, flexible, 10-key, type 40 wpm or more and attention to detail.
Expected Hours of Work: The Finance Assistant II position is a non-exempt hourly position and is part-time at 20 hours per week, Mon-Thur 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to
Contact Phone: 214-291-8012