St. Andrew UMC: Facilities Maintenance Technician
Date Posted: 6/24/2021
St. Andrew UMC, Plano, TX
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Director or other maintenance personnel, this position is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc.). This position performs general maintenance and other tasks as assigned.
A good relationship with Church members, staff and outside groups as a partner in ministry is essential to fulfill the mission and vision of St. Andrew United Methodist Church.
- Paint, remodel, refurbish areas as needed
- Repair, maintain/monitor all maintenance equipment
- Replacement of all filters for HVAC as required
- Room setups of tables and chairs as needed
- Remove and properly dispose of all recyclable materials
- Change light bulbs, interior and exterior, as needed
- On call maintenance for all facilities in absence of others
- Maintain general cleanliness of the building interior
- Maintain exterior property general cleanliness, including ice/snow removal when needed
- Assist other maintenance personal in building or remodeling projects, assist in office moves.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
- Oversee general operations and building controls on weekend shifts (Saturday evenings and or Sunday mornings. Building controls training will be provided
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Work closely with Business office with invoicing and collections
- Provide instruction to church staff as needed on training of Facility Scheduler
- Work closely with department administrative assistance
- Work closely with setup crew, event coordinators and sound technicians assigned to outside events
- Maintain a positive rapport with visitors, congregation, and staff
■ Microsoft Office ■ Organized ■ Flexible ■ Customers service oriented
This position requires some interaction and coordination with the setup crew, janitorial staff and Campus Security.
- Ability to push/lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders
- Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, crouching as job may require
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Working in high noise levels requiring hearing protection
- Working around lubricants, solvents, batteries, cleaning fluids, paints
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: The Facilities Technician position is a part-time, non-exempt hourly position for partial week/weekend coverage. Work hours are flexible and require up to but no more than 20 hours a week. Working one shift per weekend is required.
- 2-5 years of working experience in facilities maintenance
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills; customer service oriented
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-380-8001