St. Andrew UMC: Early Childhood Sunday Experience Lead
Date Posted: 11/22/2021
St. Andrew UMC, Plano, TX
Under the direct supervision of the Early Childhood Ministry Coordinator, the Early Childhood Sunday Experience Lead will gather, organize and execute weekly curriculum materials including craft, activities, instructions, and Bible stories for Sunday classrooms; recruit, train, and schedule Early Childhood volunteers; and assist with various events and activities.
- Comply with church policies and procedures regarding children’s programs and events.
- Gather, organize, and execute weekly curriculum materials including craft, activities, instructions, and Bible stories for Sunday classrooms.
- Be onsite Sunday mornings from 8:30-12:30 to facilitate classroom activities and direct volunteers and staff in Early Childhood.
- Recruit contacts for volunteer positions from the Early Childhood database. Communicate volunteer role and schedule for Sunday morning services in Early Childhood. This can be a remote part of the position.
- Assist with Volunteer training planning and execution of training and Volunteer Appreciation with Children’s Team
- Schedule Volunteers for Sunday morning Early Childhood area and manage cancellation/substitute volunteers when needed each week.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, Sunday mornings require walking and climbing up and down 3 levels of stairs. The events will require more walking and lifting than the typical office requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position of 15 hours per week. Sunday 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. is a requirement with weekdays time/hours decided upon with the Director of Children’s Ministry and Program Coordinator.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Three years of experience in working with families and children
Preferred Education and Experience
- Preferred college degree in education, psychology, social work, or other family studies
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Love of children and families
- Strong organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong personal faith
- Assist with major events such as (but not limited to) Shrove Tuesday, Fall Festival, Advent, Special Focus Sundays, 3rd Grade Bible Presentation and Summer Programming
- Assist other Children’s Ministry Staff on weekly needs for Sunday morning and other ministry events as they arise.
- Other ministry needs as defined by the Director of Children’s Ministry.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-291-8012