St. Andrew UMC: Children's Ministry Assistant
Date Posted: 5/6/2022
St. Andrew UMC, Plano, TX
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Children’s Ministry this position provides administrative support and volunteer management for the Children’s Ministry.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The events will require more walking and lifting than the typically office requirements.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a non-exempt part-time position, 20-25hrs/week, Sunday-Thursday. Prefer flexibility in schedule to be available for evening/weekend programming.
Education and Experience: High school diploma
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Database management; manage registrations and group maintenance for weekly and monthly non-event programming
- Scheduling & Facilitating room reservations for weekly programming
- Work with Communications and Creative teams to maintain Children’s Ministry website, update current events and advertising
- Manage check requests
- Organize and submit annual reports to business office to be given to NTCUMC
- Maintain workroom equipment, work with Facilities team for needs such as toner, printer malfunctions, etc.
- Make copies, create, and distribute programming materials, assisting department staff as needed
- Create and implement a healthy serving schedule for all children’s programming and events ages 3 year- 5th grade (not limited to Sunday morning programming.)
- Manage volunteer background checks and MinistrySafe Training
- Maintain communication with volunteers
- Provide bi/yearly training to Serving Team in association with Children’s Team
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers
- Develop and retain a robust Serving Team for the Children’s Ministry
- Create relationships with congregation to foster the serving roles
- Serving Teams to include: Sunday morning programming, Sunday evenings, Weeknight programming, summer camps I.e., VBS and other ministry needs
■ MS Office ■ Facility Scheduler ■ REALM ■ Organized ■ Love children and family
■ Comfortable operating & troubleshooting office equipment (computers, copiers, etc.)
■ Proofreading skills ■Customer Service Oriented ■ Strong personal faith ■ Attention to detail
How to Apply
Email your resume to Jennifer Ellis, HR Generalist, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-291-8050