St. Andrew UMC: Bilingual Receptionist
Date Posted: 6/24/2022
St. Andrew UMC, Plano, TX
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Events and Welcome Ministry, the Receptionist is responsible for answering the church phone lines and welcoming all guests to St. Andrew United Methodist Church.
- Answer and direct all incoming calls and guests
- Maintain guest check in log
- Work with volunteers on answering church phones
- Accept all incoming mail, deliveries and packages
- Sign for deliveries
- Direct all incoming deliveries to various staff
- Maintain Church Vehicle Logbook
- Reserve and distribute church vehicle keys as requested
- Post reservations on church wide calendar
- Provide general assistance and customer service to inquiries and problems
- Inventory and order all coffee and hospitality supplies
- Prepare coffee carts for Sundays and manage coffee service on Sundays and for special events throughout the week
- Assist with coding, submitting & filing of invoices, check requests & expense reports
- Assist with ordering of office supplies, as well as shipping any returned merchandise
- Welcome Team and Churchwide ministry assistance with big projects
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
■ Excel ■ Word ■ Outlook ■ Bilingual -English/Spanish highly preferred
■ Organized ■ Creative ■ Ability to multi-task ■ Flexible ■ Relationship skills
■ Comfortable operating & troubleshooting office equipment (computers, copiers, etc.)
Required Education and Experience: High school diploma, one year of receptionist experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Bilingual – English/Spanish
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a non-exempt, hourly position; FT role at 36.5hrs/week.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some additional responsibilities are required that might require the need to move some equipment or hospitality supplies as necessary.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume to Jennifer Ellis, HR Generalist, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-291-8050