St. Andrew UMC: Associate Content Marketing Manager
Date Posted: 4/29/2022
St. Andrew UMC, Plano, TX
Under the supervision of Director of Communications, the Associate Content Marketing Manager will drive all the content and messaging of St Andrew’s promotion and advertising efforts. Their goal will be to help build brand awareness as well as help people engage in church events, worship services and missional work. Their initial responsibilities include writing / storytelling, managing the marketing calendar and spearheading all social media.
This position works both independently and within a team to respond to the marketing and advertising needs of St. Andrew.
- Develop and manage the church messaging and marketing calendar being a liaison to all ministry areas.
- Work with ministry departments to develop successful marketing campaigns that attract new congregation members, inform current congregation members, and expand our current online presence
- Be an expert in social media to drive the creative and execution for all church channels and partner ministries. Develop ideas to improve engagement and community.
- Drive content and messaging for the current website and be a key leader for the launch of a new website
- Write creative briefs to internal creative team and partner with them to deliver high quality flawlessly executed marketing materials
- Manage our external PR consultant and all local PR opportunities to capitalize on exposure
- Analyze communication channel metrics (social, email etc) to discover what messaging resonates and find areas to improve
- Have a heart for St. Andrew and support the vision and mission of the church
- Work very well within a team setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Thorough understanding of market developments
- Thorough understanding of marketing strategies and practices
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Analytics, Teams, Zoom and other media platforms
- Proficient with Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands: This position would require the ability to move equipment from one location to another and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This position is full-time salaried exempt at 36.5 hours per week. The position requires work on some weekends. Office hours will be set but are flexible around morning/evening events or other extra church activities.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to
Contact Email: [email protected]