St. Andrew UMC: Administrative Assistant, Student Ministry
Date Posted: 5/29/2022
St. Andrew UMC, Plano, TX
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Student’s Ministry, this position provides administrative support.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet people as they walk into the office. Assist those that need directions and/or answer questions of visitors as needed. This includes walking visitors to appropriate places in the building to assist them as needed.
- Copy papers for Sunday School classes, small groups, 412, etc. (i.e. Confirmation lessons for small group leaders, table cards, monthly memory verse cards, monthly newsletter, etc.)
- Add events to church calendar with set ups needed for each room needed.
- Send weekly youth newsletter on iContact. Gather information needed for weekly events and upcoming trips to publicize in email. This also includes monitoring contact list and updating as needed.
- Submit announcement requests for events (website, church-wide weekly email, bulletins, and worship visuals). Information will be given by the youth director and program coordinator.
- Answer office phone/voicemails. Direct phone calls to appropriate staff members.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Submit check requests, deposit funds, and complete monthly credit card expense reports.
- Manage attendance tracking in Realm database. Print out reports when needed.
- Gather and organize all flyers, rosters, printed lessons/handouts, and any other materials needed for Sunday School each week.
- Answer emails from parents to answer any questions they may have about events and/or programming.
- Sort through mail for youth office and deliver to appropriate staff members.
Events and Trips
- Send mailings from events or to promote events. This includes, printing/copying, cutting, and posting the mailings before they go out.
- Assist other youth staff with organizing and gathering materials and supplies for trips/events throughout the year.
- Assist other youth staff with cleaning and putting away supplies from past events/trips.
- Assist with Fall and Spring fundraisers. Input data from items sold and credits given to each student. Work with the program coordinator to organize fundraiser as needed.
- Run background checks for adults attending trips.
- Help youth staff with tasks as needed for various trips and events.
■ MS Office ■ Google Suite ■ Organized ■ Love children and families
■ Comfortable operating & troubleshooting office equipment (computers, copiers, etc.)
■ Proofreading skills ■Customer Service Oriented ■ Strong personal faith ■ Attention to detail
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The events will require more walking and lifting than the typically office requirements.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a non-exempt part-time position, 20-25hrs/week, Monday-Friday. Prefer flexibility in schedule to be available for evening/weekend programming.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience: High school diploma
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Ellie at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-291-8050