Spring Valley UMC: Contemporary Worship Leader
Date Posted: 1/6/2021
Spring Valley UMC, Dallas, TX
Spring Valley UMC is an inclusive church that creates compelling worship, raises up the next generation in faith, builds bridges of harmony with our community and world, and grows deeper in discipleship and worship.
Common Ground is the contemporary worship community of Spring Valley UMC. Every Sunday at 11 a.m. in Wesley Hall, this community gathers to encourage and build one another up for the hard work of living out the Gospel of Jesus, through love and justice. You can expect thoughtful preaching, inspiring music and informative social commentary around the issues that impact our lives.
At Common Ground, we are creating brave spaces for people who are committed to the rights and well-being of children; persons with physical and/or mental disabilities; persons who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, and/or transgender; people of color; women; persons who have been displaced from their country; those who are imprisoned as well as those returning from imprisonment; and all human beings through the love of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for a part-time worship leader who will guide us into the future and enhance the worship experience of Common Ground.
- Lead a music and worship for 1 service on Sundays.
- Serve alongside volunteer musicians.
- Serve as a member of the ministry team at SVUMC.
- Work with Associate Pastor to plan and execute worship
- Meet weekly with Associate Pastor and Music Director
- Plan weekly Sunday CG worship service using Planning Center
- Cultivate a worship community of singers and instrumentalists.
- Develop a culture of communication utilizing Planning Center.
- Actively seek out new and relevant contemporary worship trends
- Faith in Jesus Christ.
- Understands the dynamics of worship
- Loves and enjoys people, exhibiting a shepherd’s heart in their concern for the worship teams and the congregation as a whole through their personal relationship with Jesus
- A competent vocalist with proven mastery in worship band leadership
- Confidence in stage presence when speaking and leading
- Highly motivated leader who is well-organized but also flexible in a team setting
- Able to find and utilize gifts in other people
- Someone who has excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Planning Center and Pro Presenter.
- Able to maintain a professional appearance and preparedness
Expected Time Commitment
- 2.5 hours of Sunday morning warm-up and worship service leadership
- 2-4 hours of preparation, planning and communicating
- Completed or pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with relevant work experience.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Bert K. Johnson, Director of Music at
Contact Phone: 972-233-7671