Ridgewood Park UMC: Youth Director
Date Posted: 8/6/2020
Ridgewood Park UMC, Dallas, TX
It is our mission to meet people where they are and to help them take their next step toward a Christ-centered life. The Youth Director will need to build relationships with students in our ministry and the community to help them discover what next step will lead them in a closer walk with Christ.
The Youth Director will work with our family ministry team to develop a cohesive plan for our student ministry that fits the overall mission of the Church. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the spiritual formation of young people in middle and high school as well as demonstrating a proficiency at planning and executing on-going youth ministry.
- Develop events including Sunday school, Bible Studies, retreats and special events for RP Youth ministries
- Lead weekly youth group activities
- Coordinate and manage youth mission trips.
- Assist with coordination and management of summer camps.
- Communicate in a timely manner with youth, parents, and volunteers on all things related to youth ministry at Ridgewood Park.
- Participate in other “all church staff” events such as Holy Week, Easter, Christmas Eve
- Ensure that Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Administrative duties including but not limited to tracking attendance, developing promotional materials, and updating the Youth Ministry social media
- High school diploma is the minimum required education level with some Bible ministry training
- Experience working with children and/or youth - specialized training in youth ministry OR minimum of two years’ experience working with youth preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills and computer/social media skills
- Team player with effective relational skills
- Must embrace United Methodist doctrine and theology
- Commitment to lead a life of Christian witness
- Must have a respectable social media presence (example: no cussing, no inappropriate images, no overly controversial posts)
- Excellent organizational skills, including advanced planning, consistency, communication
- LGBTQ+ friendly
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
The Youth Director reports to the Senior Pastor.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to Pastor Bill Eason at
Contact Phone: 214-369-9259