Pulaski Heights UMC: Organist/Associate Music Director
Date Posted: 8/15/2022
Pulaski Heights UMC, Little Rock, AR
Pulaski Heights UMC recognizes the powerful impact that high-quality music has in its worship services. Striving to present a variety of music, with participation from all ages, our goal is to elevate the spoken Word through our musical offerings to God. Pulaski Heights has a long-standing history (1912-present) with an active congregation and membership of 4,800.
The Music and Arts Ministry is well established with opportunities for adults, youth, children, choirs, handbells, a flourishing music academy, choral scholars and plays a role in the greater fine arts community.
- Display an excellent, high-level organ ability with a strong commitment to sacred organ literature
- Be committed to creative hymn playing
- Have experience with piano/organ accompaniment and playing for choral conductors
- Play for our two weekly Sunday morning sanctuary services. The earlier service is televised.
Instrumentalists are used on a regular basis.
- Play for all additional seasonal services and major choral work presentations
- Play weddings and funerals as assigned
- Accompany our weekly Chancel Choir rehearsal
- Oversee Adventures in the Arts (PHUMC music academy with 15 teacher and 175 students)
- Attend weekly staff meeting, and any committees as assigned
- Possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Desire to be an active and collaborating member of a large church staff
- Have a degree(s) in organ performance and/or church music
- Five years church music experience preferred
Nichols and Simpson Pipe Organ (1999), 74 Ranks, 3 Manuals; Allen Organ (Chapel); 26 Pianos, including 4 Steinway Grands; 24 Bell Carillon; 2 sets of Handbells
Salary and Benefits:
This position is 40 hours per week with a negotiable salary, with health, dental, eye insurance, a 6% pension contribution, continuing education and moving allowance if necessary. Vacation is granted in coordination with the policies stated in the employee handbook.
Application Deadline: September 30
Starting Date: November 1
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Dr. Frode Gundersen at
Contact Email: [email protected]