Pulaski Heights UMC: Minister to Children & Families
Date Posted: 10/18/2021
Pulaski Heights UMC, Little Rock, AR
The Minister to Children and Families will work full-time to oversee the vision and goals of the Children’s Ministries set by the Children’s Council for infants through 5th grade. The Minister to Children and Families is charged with supervision of the Associate Minister to Children and Families. The Minister to Children and Families is ultimately responsible for all areas of children’s ministries.
- Personal contact to all new parents
- Personal contact to children and families who experience a death in the family
- Personal contact to parents of children who are being baptized
- Personal contact to visitors and new members with children
- Create opportunities for newborn babies and their families to begin to build relationships
- Offer nursery open house 2 times a year so new parents can learn about the nursery, ECA and get to know each other.
- Oversee Rotation Model Sunday School for K-5th grade
- Select and order curriculum for Sunday School sessions
- Recruit and train volunteers to teach in the rotation Sunday School as well as Phaith Friends who work with each grade of children offering consistency for the children.
- Plan and implement parenting classes.
- Plan and implement Created by God class, human sexuality class, to current 5th graders.
- Plan and implement an annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Plan and implement “Bible Boot Camp” and 3rd grade Bible presentation in worship
- Recruit and support volunteers to plan and implement Promotion Sunday
- Recruit and support volunteers to plan and implement a special Advent activity
- Recruit and support volunteers to plan and implement Vacation Bible School
- Promote activities at Camp Tanako.
- Recruit and support volunteers to plan Children’s Sabbath
- Recruit and support volunteers to plan the family Christmas Eve service
- Program development for children with special needs
- Development of mission opportunities for children and families.
- Develop grade level goals and encourage children and parents to attain the goals
- Provide worship books for children to use in worship with the help of volunteers
- Recruit and train volunteers to work in all areas of children’s ministries
- Recruit and train greeters to be at entrance 4 and top floor by the elevator for Sunday mornings 9-9:30 a.m.
- Attend monthly board meetings of the Children’s Learning Center (CLC)
- Provide a newsletter children’s ministries
- Recruit and train members of the Children’s Council
- Children’s Council will host 2-3 workdays a year in the children’s building.
- Using bulletin boards to give a visual outline of ways to get involved & contribute to children’s ministries
- Prepare and oversee the annual budget for children’s ministries
- Report maintenance, needs and cleanliness of the buildings used by children
- Attend PHUMC staff meetings and staff retreats
- Comply with safe sanctuary policy
- Work with assigned administrative assistant in all of the ministries described
How to Apply
Email a resume to Rev. Jay Clark at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 501-944-8400