Pulaski Heights UMC: Director of Music, Arts and Worship
Date Posted: 2/23/2022
Pulaski Heights UMC, Little Rock, AR
Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church is seeking applications for the position of Associate Director of Music/ Organist. Our mission is to glorify God, lead congregational singing as well as support the churches musical mission in the congregation as well as the greater Little Rock area and Methodist Conference.
Pulaski Heights has a long-standing history (since 1912) with an active congregation and membership of 4,800. The music and arts ministry is well established with opportunities for children, youth and adults, choirs, handbells, a music academy, choral scholars and plays a large role in the community.
- Excellent, high level conducting, knowledge of singing, choral skills and knowledge of choral repertory. There are two Sunday morning Sanctuary services which require a high level of choral, solo, instrumental music of varying styles. There are many seasonal services and major works as well as musical and arts outreach in the community.
- Proficient skills in piano or organ are a plus.
- A commitment to sacred choral music
- A degree(s) in choral music or equivalent background with 5+ years of experience.
- Great communication skills and organizational skills are a must.
- Ability to work with and supervise other staff, church members as well as music/arts
- Ability to work with all ages, children, youth and adults.
- Knowledge and experience with handbells, hand chimes.
- Ability to work with instrumentalists, volunteer and professionals.
- Facilitate and plan yearly music/arts budget.
- Direct supervision of altar guild
- Recruitment for all choirs and ensembles.
- Supervision of Associate Director or Music/Arts, Administrative Assistant, and Director of Adventures in the Arts
Salary and Benefits: This position is 40 hours per week with a negotiable salary, with health, dental, eye insurance, a 6% pension contribution, continuing ed and moving allowance, if necessary. Vacation is granted in coordination with the policies stated in the employee handbook.
Application deadline: April 1
Starting date: July
How to Apply
Email a letter of inquiry, resume and links to unedited recordings of choral conducting, solo singing, piano, organ playing, if applicable, to Rev. Jay Clark at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 501-944-8400