Pulaski Heights UMC: Associate Director of Music/Organist
Date Posted: 2/23/2022
Pulaski Heights UMC, Little Rock, AR
Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church is seeking applications for the position of Associate Director of Music/ Organist. Our mission is to glorify God, lead congregational singing as well as support the churches musical mission in the congregation as well as the greater Little Rock area and Methodist Conference.
Pulaski Heights has a long-standing history (since 1912) with an active congregation and membership of 4,800. The music and arts ministry is well established with opportunities for children, youth and adults, choirs, handbells, a musical academy, choral scholars and plays a large role in the community.
- Excellent, high level organ and piano playing abilities
- There are two Sunday morning Sanctuary services which require a high level of organ literature and choral accompaniment, and solo or ensemble. Instrumentalists are used on a regular basis. There is a midweek service in the chapel weekly. There are many seasonal services and major choral works.
- Skill in choral accompaniment, organ and piano
- A commitment to sacred choral and organ music
- A degree(s) in organ performance or church music.
- Skills in conducting
- Creative hymn playing skills
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Serve as primary accompanist for all age-level choirs
- Manage music library
- Play for weddings and funerals, and additional services as assigned.
- Serve as conductor and rehearse when Director is away.
- Have knowledge of handbells and music for all ages of choir.
- Attend staff meetings, music staff or other committees assigned.
- All other responsibilities relating to music and arts or the ministries of the church.
Instruments Include: Nichols and Simpson Pipe Organ (1999), 74 Ranks 3 Manuels, Allen Organ, Chapel, 26 Pianos, including 4 Steinway Grands, 24 Bell Carillon, 2 sets of Handbells, 50 ct, 30 ct, 1 set of Hand chimes, 50 ct, Rhythm Instruments and Drums
Salary and Benefits: This position is 40 hours work per week with a negotiable salary, with health, dental, eye insurance, a 6% pension contribution, continuing ed and moving allowance if necessary. Vacation is granted in coordination with the policies stated in the employee handbook.
Application deadline: April 1
Starting date: July
How to Apply
Emails a letter of inquiry, resume and links to unedited recordings of solo and hymn playing and choral accompaniment to Rev. Jay Clark at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 501-944-8400