Prosper UMC: Worship Leader
Date Posted: 6/11/2018
Prosper UMC, Prosper, TX
THE MISSION Service at Prosper United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Worship Leader, a skilled musician who will lead worshippers in song and prayer in weekly Sunday morning worship services. Through a growing relationship with God, the Worship Leader will ideally exhibit characteristics of warmth, innovation and passion.
- In collaboration with the lead pastor, create relevant modern worship services that will inspire attendees.
- Select and prepare songs and special music connected by spoken and musical transitions.
- Mentor and provide leadership to professional and volunteer band members.
- Develop relationships with the worshipers of THE MISSION service.
- Communicate in a timely way with band members and staff.
- Provide and check lyrics for PowerPoint slide decks each week.
- One weekly Sunday worship service at 11 a.m.
- One weekly band rehearsal at 8:30 a.m.
- One flexible one-hour weekly planning meeting with THE MISSION lead pastor.
- Several additional special services and events throughout the year, including those during the Advent, Christmas, Lent and Easter seasons.
- $7,800 annually.
- Compensation includes two Sundays off per calendar year.
This position will ideally begin Aug. 5, 2018, with auditions being scheduled during the month of July.
How to Apply
For more information about the position, please send your resume to Pastor Melissa Hatch at
Contact Phone: (972) 523-4340