Prosper UMC: Pianist/Accompanist
Date Posted: 8/17/2018
Prosper UMC, Prosper, TX
Prosper United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Pianist/Accompanist, a skilled musician who is enthusiastic and excited about sharing the love of Christ through the gift of music. This person will play for two Sunday morning services, for Chancel Choir Wednesday evening rehearsals, as well as additional services throughout the year.
- Play for two traditional worship services on Sunday mornings (8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.), with a 30-minute rehearsal before each service.
- Accompany Chancel Choir rehearsals Wednesday evenings.
- Provide accompaniment for vocal or instrumental soloists, Joyful Noise Children’s Choir and small ensembles.
- Adequate preparation of hymns, congregational songs, choir anthems and incidental service music.
- Meet with the Director of Music Ministries weekly to plan and review service music.
- Play for additional services and special events throughout the year, including Christmas Eve services (four services throughout the afternoon and evening), a Service of Healing and Light (“Blue Christmas Service”), Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.
- Play for extra rehearsals leading up to special presentations throughout the year (no more than five).
- Responsible for selection and timely communication of service music, including preludes, postludes and music during distribution of communion elements appropriate to the season and service.
- Ability to play keyboard music of moderate to advanced difficulty.
- Ability to improvise on and embellish on hymns and congregational songs.
- Skilled in sight-reading and accompanying technique.
- Ability to play in a variety of musical styles with confidence.
- Basic knowledge of and experience in church music.
- Ability to understand and follow directions, and work collaboratively with others.
- Approach duties with flexibility.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Compensation for vacation is provided for two weeks annually.
How to Apply
For more information about the position, please send your resume to Director of Music Ministries Vail Keck-Rowland. She will contact applicants to schedule an interview.
Contact Phone: (972) 347-2372