Prosper UMC: Contemporary Worship Leader
Date Posted: 12/18/2018
Prosper UMC, Prosper, TX
The Worship Leader is a skilled musician who will lead the church in song and prayer in weekly Sunday morning services. This person will collaborate with the lead pastor of the service to help create a participative environment of worship that engages people of all ages. Through a growing relationship with God, the Worship Leader will ideally exhibit characteristics of warmth, innovation and passion.
- Create relevant modern worship services that will inspire attendees, in collaboration with the lead pastor of the service.
- Select and prepare songs for worship, including timely communication with other worship participants.
- Use spoken and musical transitions between songs/elements to keep a smooth, worshipful flow.
- Mentor and provide leadership to professional and volunteer band members
- Be the point of contact for band members when they need to take a Sunday off and coordinate with the lead pastor, if a substitute will be needed and paid.
- Develop relationships with the worshippers of The Mission service.
- Communicate in a timely way with band members and other staff, making sure that charts, mp3s, etc. are to each band member no later than end of business on Thursday each week.
- Provide lyrics on Powerpoint slides to the lead pastor of the service, no later than end of business on Thursday of each week.
- Engage and empower people within the church to be volunteers in ministry.
- Uphold the standards for safety of our children and youth through background checks, Ministry Safe trainings and other appropriate measures.
- Work hard to continue to advance the worship music and environment through research and dialogue with other worship leaders.
- Evidence of Christian faith and Christian character
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Dedication to a collaborative team work environment
- High energy and enthusiasm for growing disciples of Jesus Christ through the ministry of music and worship
- Good organizational skills, attentive to details and committed to follow through
- Willing to take initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong commitment to cooperation and hospitality
- Capable of maintaining focus, patience, and peace in a busy environment
- Ability to handle conflict with grace
- Demonstrates learning agility while being coachable and open to grow
- Skilled on the keyboard or guitar
How to Apply
Applicants should email their cover letter and resume to
Contact Phone: (972) 347-2372