Prosper UMC: Children's Music Director
Date Posted: 6/28/2022
Prosper UMC, Prosper, TX
Prosper UMC is a healthy, dynamic and growing congregation whose mission is "To put God’s grace into action and shine as a beacon of Love, Help, Healing, Hope and Joy." We are moving to a beautiful new church building/campus at the end of the summer.
Prosper United Methodist Church is seeking a Children's Choir Director to fill this integral, part-time position. Children's rehearsals generally take place on Sunday mornings (September to May). Applicants should be prepared to direct two choirs.
The purpose of the Children’s Music Director is to plan for and execute the children’s music ministry of the church in cooperation with the Director of Music Ministries. The Director will organize children’s choirs to invite and engage all children to develop their Christian witness through music.
- Planning and preparing for/executing engaging weekly choir rehearsals for Joyful Noise
- Collaborate with pastors, Children’s Director and Director of Music Ministries for rehearsal and worship offering dates and song selections
- Collaborate with the Children’s Director to develop a curriculum for lessons within rehearsals that shares the same theme as Sunday School for continuity
- Communicate with parents and appropriate staff regarding dates, locations and resources needed
- Prepare music with the children in an effort to sing in 3 worship services (8:30, 11 and the Mission) 3 times/semester. One of those could be a musical-type endeavor
- Develop a second choir for pre-school aged children with weekly rehearsals and a schedule (TBD) for offering in worship
- High energy and enthusiasm for growing disciples of Jesus Christ through the ministry of music and worship
- Good organizational skills, attentive to details and committed to follow through
- Willing to take initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong commitment to cooperation and hospitality
- Capable of maintaining focus, patience, and peace in a busy environment that involves a full-time preschool, numerous community organizations, and multiple staff members
- Ability to handle conflict with grace
- Demonstrates learning agility while being coachable and open to grow
- Training in (elementary) music education is a preference
- Evidence of Christian faith and Christian character
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Dedication to a collaborative team work environment
Reporting: This position reports directly to the Director of Music Ministries and is accountable to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee
Disclaimer: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Employment at Prosper United Methodist Church is “at will.” This means the employee and PUMC have the right to discontinue the employment relationship at any time and for any reason or for no reason, with or without notice.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Kathryn Zetterstrom, Director of Music Ministries, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-347-2372