Prosper UMC: Children's Music Director
Date Posted: 8/1/2018
Prosper UMC, Prosper, TX
Prosper United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Children’s Music Director, a skilled musician who is enthusiastic and excited about sharing the love of Christ through music with our children through song, drama/skits and other creative avenues.
- Direct Joyful Noise (Kindergarten through 5th grade) choir rehearsals once a week (currently Wednesday evenings), which culminate into presentations during Sunday worship services (8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.) September through May.
- Direct children's Christmas music program presented during Sunday worship services on the third Sunday in December.
- Direct one extra rehearsal held on a Saturday prior to the Christmas music program.
- Become an active part of the worship community on Sunday mornings.
- Demonstrate musical ability, preferably basic keyboard proficiency and directing abilities.
- Select skill- and age-appropriate music and performance materials for presentations.
- Able to use music to deepen the children’s worship experience and understanding of God.
- Understand the nuances of working with a group of children and possess the spirit and demeanor to create an inviting, loving, celebratory, directed environment for goals to be achieved.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with children, parents, staff and other church members.
- Able to work well with other music staff and volunteers to develop an exciting, engaging music ministry for young children.
- Bachelors degree in Music, music education or performance with strength in choral music.
- Experienced non-degreed candidates and individuals close to graduation are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience in teaching sacred or secular choral music to children.
- Experience in teaching music in a Christian environment.
- Familiarity and experience with skill- and age-appropriate music and performance materials.
Salary Range (based on experience)
- $450-500/month for nine months (September through May).
- This is a part-time position without benefits.
This position will begin Sept. 1, 2018.
How to Apply
For more information about the position, please send your resume to Director of Music Ministries, Vail Keck-Rowland. She will contact you to schedule an interview.
Contact Phone: (972) 347-2372