Prosper UMC: Child Care/Nursery Worker
Date Posted: 12/3/2021
Prosper UMC, Prosper, TX
Your role is to provide safe, secure, nurturing, clean and efficient care to our children. Your ministry responsibilities include playing with the children or directing their play, reading to them, praying for the children, exhibiting Christ-like patience and love and relating the events of the day to the lesson and theme in words the children can understand.
Sunday nursery is for infants to 3 years old. Programming during the week can include infant to 5th-grade aged children. All childcare workers must pass a background check and Ministry Safe Training. CPR training is offered once a year.
- Greet parents as they arrive and leave.
- Make sure there is a new check-in form on the nursery clipboards.
- Communicate with parents about any accidents or special situations that may have occurred while the children were in your care.
- Provide physical and emotional care for the children
- Communicate with the children in your care.
- Engage children in various activities.
- Follow guidelines for diapering, feed and caring for children.
- Regularly check and change diapers.
- Regularly encourage children who are potty trained to use the bathroom.
How to Apply
Send a resume to Jenn Brown, Director of Children's Ministry, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-769-6860