Prosper UMC: Audio-Visual Technician
Date Posted: 12/17/2021
Prosper UMC, Prosper, TX
The Audio-Visual (A/V) Tech runs the church’s audio system, presentation software and records/live streams services. The A/V Tech is responsible for setting up, operating and troubleshooting all audio and video equipment.
The A/V needs for PUMC’s services currently require a team of two. There are trained volunteers that will be assisting each week. The A/V tech will float between either running the soundboard and presentation software or managing the Live Stream production depending on which volunteer is available. Most volunteers are comfortable on one station but not the other, a couple are adept with both. The A/V tech will own the volunteer coordination communication.
While there are services each Sunday, there are also special days throughout the year when other services will require assistance (Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, Christmas Eve, etc.) and a few brief rehearsals may be needed in the year.
- Sound mixing using a 32 channel digital board
- Manage gain structures
- Proper EQ setup
- Familiarity with Crestron control systems
- Proficient with OBS
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; ProPresenter
- Familiarity with Onyx Obsidian lighting control software
- Familiarity with PTZ cameras
- Volunteer coordination and communication
- Ability to work with musicians, and choir to adjust sound needs for each service
- Verifiable previous church/worship technology experience (2-5 years preferred)
- Evidence of Christian faith and Christian character
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and dedication to working as a team
- Excellent organizational skills, attentive to details and committed to following through
- Will take initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong commitment to cooperation and hospitality
- Strong commitment to discretion and confidentiality
- Capable of maintaining focus, patience and peace in a busy environment
- Ability to handle conflict with grace
- Demonstrates learning agility while being coachable and open to development
Reporting: This position reports directly to the Pastor and is accountable to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee
Disclaimer: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Employment at Prosper United Methodist Church is “at will.” This means the employee and PUMC have the right to discontinue the employment relationship at any time and for any reason or for no reason, with or without notice.
How to Apply
Submit resume and references to Pastor Jason McConnell at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-347-2372