Project Transformation North Texas: Summer Program Quality Coach
Date Posted: 4/6/2022
Project Transformation North Texas, Dallas, TX
In the spirit of the mission of Project Transformation, the Program Quality Coach position is responsible for 1) coordinating of the children’s summer food program; 2) serving as a liaison between program staff and the site teams; and 3) providing logistical support, collecting and managing program data.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Program Quality Coach is directly accountable to the Director of Programming and Leadership Development, but will work closely with all Project Transformation staff.
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES: Quality virtual enrichment activities will be provided in the Summer Program each day, which runs from June to July, Monday thru Thursday. The goal of the virtual summer curriculum is to enhance the child’s complete self by addressing the mind, body, and spirit. AmeriCorps Members are responsible for planning and implementing a virtual summer program where children will receive enrichment focused on social emotional learning, reading and other camp-like activities. These activities should be implemented in accordance with the training and expectations provided by PT staff.
It will be the responsibility of the Program Quality Coach, under the guidance of PT staff, to ensure that the summer program is well-organized, fun, creative, and educational for the children and youth. Program Quality Coach will:
- monitor and evaluate the volunteer trainings at each site to ensure the mission of Project Transformation is clearly and effectively communicated and volunteers are adequately trained;
- monitor and evaluate all aspects of the virtual program, including the social emotional learning, reading and camp-like activities
- assist with pre-program training for AmeriCorps members
- meet with each team to offer support, encouragement, and constructive criticism for the program
- meet with site teams as needed to facilitate team conflicts
- report at least weekly to PT staff regarding program quality
- develop a way to celebrate/acknowledge the hard work of AmeriCorps members each week
- attend site coordinator meetings as needed or requested
Support the oversight of the summer feeding program, which includes:
- collect food logs from site coordinators
- monitor food inventory at sites
- troubleshoot food supply issues with site coordinators
- participate in food handling training
- review site coordinator spreadsheets in preparation for monthly food reports
Assist with administrative projects and data collection, including:
- collecting timesheets from AmeriCorps members on a weekly basis, ensuring accuracy of completion
- collecting weekly attendance information from each site
- collecting and tabulating pre- and post-reading evaluations, parent evaluations, volunteer surveys, and other program surveys
In addition, the Program Quality Coach will:
- meet with PT staff to learn about their respective roles in programming, development, marketing, financial management, and leadership;
- participate in training and networking opportunities based upon the interests of Program Quality Coach and availability of PT community partners
In order to uphold the objectives, philosophy, and values adopted by Project Transformation, the Program Quality Coach will:
- understand and target the desired results of the program in accordance with the AmeriCorps Performance Measurements, Full Filled Project, and/or the objectives of Project Transformation;
- embrace and integrate Project Transformation’s core values into his/her work practices;
- join PT staff in creating a nurturing, supportive Christian work environment for AmeriCorps members and children.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and experience in a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem solver, who is well organized, methodical, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Knowledgeable of PT summer program.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Experience with developing curriculum is a plus.
- Experience as a PT Site Coordinator/AmeriCorps Member and/or House Pastor.
TERMS AND COMPENSATION: This position is a full-time commitment. Program Quality Coaches will receive a living stipend of $4,000 and mileage reimbursement. The Program Quality Coach will also be required to attend a Summer Onboarding Training beginning May 16, 2022. The Program Quality Coach’s commitment will end August 12, 2022.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to Andrea Gordon at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-946-3600