Project Transformation North Texas: Summer Camp Leader
Date Posted: 3/9/2023
Project Transformation North Texas, Dallas, TX
Project Transformation AmeriCorps Member
Summer Quarter-Time AmeriCorps Member Position Description
Term of Service is May 27 – Aug. 4
Project Transformation is transforming the lives of young adults and the children they serve through our year-round programs in underserved areas of Dallas. The service experience is hands-on with the young adults serving in teams and connecting children from diverse cultural, social, and economic backgrounds with many adult volunteers. Members are required to wear the AmeriCorps logo daily while serving as an AmeriCorps Member. Members will serve under the supervision of Project Transformation’s Director of Programming and Leadership Development, Elspeth Allen Glaubitz.
- Plan and implement an eight-week summer day camp, and one-week overnight camp for children and/or youth, Mondays through Thursdays from 8am – 3:30pm, serving approximately 80 children, 1st through 9th grade. Daily activities include one-to-one reading, physical recreation activities, arts enrichment, music, life skills or other activities in which the gifts and talents of the young adults can be shared with the children.
- Coordinate and implement monthly community events (Family Fun Nights).
- Build relationships with children and families by visiting the parents of the children involved in his/her summer program.
- Support curriculum planning and execution
- Participate in career/service exploration events each Friday. (Exposure to various avenues of social service opportunities through guest speakers, field trips and interactions with community leaders.)
- Live in community with other young adults in housing provided by Project Transformation.
- Must be a U.S citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Must be at least 17 years of age.
- Must have completed at least one year of college.
- Must enjoy working with children and/or youth.
- Must display leadership skills, including but not limited to communication, organization, problem solving, dependability, commitment, and flexibility.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively independently as well as with a team.
- Must be comfortable with leading and/or serving with the site team, including work-study students, other AmeriCorps members, site staff, volunteers, community partners and PT staff.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet.
- Must support the Mission and Core Values of Project Transformation.
- Must meet AmeriCorps qualification criteria, including serving a minimum of 450 hours and serving through Aug. 4.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made to persons with mental or physical disabilities.
- $3,900 living stipend
- $1,718.25 education award (can be applied towards past loans or future education) – upon completion of hours and full length of service term as stated above
- Housing and most meals during the term of service
In the event of a local, state, or federal disaster declaration, AmeriCorps members may be asked on a volunteer basis or be required by OneStar to activate to assist in disaster response and recovery activities within their communities. This may involve virtual service opportunities or in-person service opportunities. This may include service opportunities outside of the member’s standard service hours or in place of their standard service duties. In the event of a large-scale, high needs local, state, or federal disaster, AmeriCorps members may voluntarily or be required by OneStar to deploy to an area outside of their service area to assist in disaster response and recovery activities.
*Member safety is important to Project Transformation North Texas AmeriCorps Program and all host sites. All members are provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for in-person service as long as health guidelines require use for in-person service
*Note: In the event that the COVID-19 pandemic impacts the ability of members to implement in-person service activities, members will conduct aligned teleservice activities. AmeriCorps defines Teleservice as: “meaningfully serving or participating in training from a remote location where an AmeriCorps site supervisor or Program Manager is unable to physically be present to verify hours served by an AmeriCorps member.”
How to Apply
Fill out the application here:
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-766-3207