Project Transformation North Texas: After School Program Leader
Date Posted: 7/26/2018
Project Transformation North Texas, Dallas, TX
Project Transformation AmeriCorps Member
Term of Service: Sept. 1, 2018 to May 3, 2019
Quarter-Time AmeriCorps Position Description
Project Transformation is transforming the lives of young adults and the children they serve through our year-round programs in under served areas of Dallas. The service experience is hands-on with the young adults serving in teams and connecting children from diverse cultural, social, and economic backgrounds with many adult volunteers. Members have recurring access to vulnerable populations in accordance with CNCS definition. Members are required to wear the AmeriCorps logo daily while serving as an AmeriCorps Member. Members will serve under the supervision of Project Transformation’s Director of Programming and Leadership Development, Tonya Burton.
- Implement a nine-month after-school program, Mondays through Thursdays from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m., serving approximately 30 children between 6 and 12 years old. Daily activities include homework assistance, physical recreation activities and rotational weekly lessons including nutrition, arts enrichment, life skills or computer.
- Implement bi-monthly community events (Family Fun Nights).
- Participate in leadership development training every Friday afternoon. (optional)
- Must be a U.S citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Must be at least 17 years of age.
- Must either (a) have completed at least one year of college or (b) be currently enrolled in college.
- Must enjoy working with children and/or youth.
- Must display leadership skills, including but not limited to communication, organization, problem solving, dependability, commitment and flexibility.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively independently as well as with a team.
- Must be comfortable with leading and/or serving with the site team, including work-study students, other AmeriCorps members, site staff, volunteers, community partners and PT staff.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet.
- Must support the Mission and Core Values of Project Transformation.
- Must meet AmeriCorps qualification criteria, including serving a minimum of 450 hours and serving through May 3, 2019.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made to persons with mental or physical disabilities.
- $3,200 living stipend for one year of service
- $1,566.14 education award (can be applied towards past loans or future education) upon completion of hours and full length of service term as stated above
In the event of a local (e.g. County), state (e.g. Office of the Governor), or federal disaster declaration (e.g. Federal Emergency Management Agency), OneStar may request AmeriCorps members to temporarily deploy to an affected area to participate in response or recovery operations for up to 60 days. If such a situation occurs, OneStar will make every attempt to not disrupt members’ primary service activities. If members are deployed at OneStar’s request, service hours spent in response to that event may be counted towards the total required member hours. Members will spend no more than 120 days on disaster-related activities during a term of service without the prior consent of OneStar Foundation unless otherwise specified in the program’s approved grant and program design (in the case of programs within the Disaster Services Focus Area).
How to Apply
Apply at https://projecttransformation.org/north-texas/our-programs/young-adult-service-program/apply-now
For more information contact College Program Manager Elspeth Allen Glaubitz at
Contact Phone: (214) 946-3600