Project Transformation National: VP of Development
Date Posted: 12/7/2018
Project Transformation National, Dallas, TX
Project Transformation National was founded in 2015 to inspire and support a national movement, utilizing a collaborative model of ministry to address three challenges in one program:
- Helping college-age young adults discern vocations in ministry and developing them as leaders for the church and the world
- Meeting the academic, physical, social-emotional and spiritual needs of children from marginalized communities
- Inspiring church and community transformation.
Today, Project Transformation operates chapters in eight states, serving approximately 400 young adults and over 3,000 children and youth annually in over 40 churches and communities. At the heart of Project Transformation is a mission to engage college-age young adults in purposeful leadership and ministry, support children in holistic development and connect churches with communities. We believe that transformation happens through building mutual and diverse relationships that help connect an increasingly disconnected society. The result is improved reading achievement for students, a more holistic understanding of purpose and vocational calling for young adults, and more connected communities.
Local chapters and the national office work in concert to promote program success and expansion with a focus on local impact. PT National is primarily responsible for: developing, enhancing and effectively communicating the Project Transformation model across the network of chapters and to a national audience; identifying best practices and providing validation of the Project Transformation model through research and evaluation; fostering collaboration and continued learning across the national network; and establishing national partnerships that translate into funding and resources that can benefit existing chapters and the launch of new chapters.
After three successful years, Project Transformation National is seeking to a dynamic leader to build the organization’s fundraising capacity, broaden its North Texas and national donor base, lead joint fundraising efforts with the chapter network and formalize in-house development operations.
In this newly created role, the VP of Development will report to the CEO and is responsible for strategic planning and implementation of fund development, donor prospect cultivation and grant proposals to support the budget, programming costs and operational expenses of Project Transformation National.
- Work with the CEO to create a comprehensive, three-year fundraising development strategy and plan that will include individual, faith-based and foundation funding sources, as well as marketing, annual fund and special event components.
- Work as staff liaison to the PTN board of directors in all development related activities.
- Prepare grant proposals; track proposals with accurate and detailed information including foundation contact, due dates, contact information, grant funding, funding cycles and due dates.
- Build and maintain donor database with current contact and mailing addresses.
- Prepare seasonal and personalized thank you letters for all financial / in-kind donations.
- Cultivate donors through personal calls, meetings, notes, and tours. Cultivation includes tracking of pertinent donor information, record of all contact, and establishing new outreach relationships for possible funding. VP of Development will work with CEO as necessary to coordinate donor meetings and proposals.
- Prepare quarterly newsletters, seasonal mailings and fundraising appeals, including coordination with printer and mailing services.
- Serve as staff liaison for special events. Activities include support and approval of planning, marketing, themes, and logos, as well as support in recruiting funding and volunteer support.
- Seek speaking opportunities to promote PTN through churches and other potential support groups.
- Participate in full staff meetings, task force committees, and other meetings as necessary or requested.
- Maintain a professional presentation and appropriate attire for work situations. The VP of Development will, both at work and beyond work, reflect in attitude and behavior the values and high standards of PTN.
- Bachelor’s Degree; at least 5 years’ experience of professional fundraising or relevant experience, with a proven track record of successfully raising major gifts.
- Ability to represent PTN’s mission and programs to donors and other key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in relationship building; and ideally, demonstrated experience mentoring and working with volunteers and staff.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter who is well-organized, methodical, and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of donor database management systems; Preferred experience with Salesforce, WordPress, In Design, and social media platforms.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Integrity, credibility and commitment to Project Transformation’s mission and core values.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Contact Phone: (469) 513-2591