Plymouth Park UMC: Media Coordinator
Date Posted: 8/16/2022
Plymouth Park UMC, Irving, TX
The media coordinator will guide the sound, media and streaming for two Sunday services (one contemporary in our Fellowship Hall at 9:15am and one traditional in our Sanctuary at 11am). This role works with a team of volunteers and will be responsible for the training, scheduling and recruitment of volunteers. We are a collaborative team and hope for a candidate who is energized by creative worship experiences and will contribute to dynamic engagement with people both within and beyond the walls of the worship venues of our church.
The ideal candidate has worked with churches in sound and worship design, and assisted in livestreaming throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. This role will manage and improve an existing livestream, and help launch a new livestream for an existing service. We welcome ways to improve our audio and visual quality, and for a candidate who wants to share in the vision for enriching our entire worship experience as a church! We hope you are able to bring a current aesthetic and general knowledge of livestream worship and in-room worship for the best experiences for all who will worship with us.
Specific areas of knowledge and expertise include working with ReStream.io, PowerPoint, ProPresenter 7, ShowXpress, Studio One, Windows 10 Pro and iOS Big Sur (or equivalent software). Additionally, an ability to work with Sony and Canon video cameras, ATEM midi mixers, Behringer X32 soundboards, Sennheiser wireless mics, Panasonic and Sony laser projectors, Kramer switchers, hearing assistance devices, and PC and iMac computers is ideal.
Hours are Sunday mornings from 8am-12:30pm, and about 1-2 hours time needed (approximate) to prepare media during the week. Pay is $250 per Sunday.
- Check-ins for worship service prep with staff
- Build weekly service media for in-service and livestreaming (or ensure this is done well by volunteers)
- Management of sound, lighting, projectors, and streaming equipment for Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall worship venues
- Volunteer check ins and delegation for weekly needs
- Oversee all media set up and clean up for weekly services
- Oversee sound checks for services and ensuring all mics have batteries and all sound is functioning properly
- Oversee camera management and set up for streaming
- Ensure hearing assistance devices are working properly
- Oversee team who runs sound, lighting, in-service media, and streaming media for both services
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Potential availability for special services for additional pay (i.e. weddings, funerals, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc)
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Pastor Marcus Womack at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-255-4185