Perkins School of Theology: Senior Recruiter (Vocational Ministry Recruiter)
Date Posted: 7/11/2018
Perkins School of Theology, Dallas, TX
SMU seeks a dynamic, energetic and highly-motivated individual to join the Perkins School of Theology as a Vocational Ministry Recruiter. This highly-visible position is responsible for assisting the Director of Recruitment and Admissions to attract persons with a call to vocational ministry, guide them through the process of inquiry to matriculation and strengthen the relationship between the prospect and Perkins School of Theology.
Develop and execute a plan for recruitment, based on the use of institutional and industry data (includes initiating communication with key influencers, alumni, clergy, congregations, campus ministers, undergraduate faculty of religious studies programs and denominational leaders).
- Represent Perkins School of Theology coherently and enthusiastically at a wide-range of internal/external events, which requires extensive travel.
- Create and sustain initiatives to cultivate leads and referrals, including regular and consistent follow-up, which includes utilizing enrollment management software to track communications.
- Host prospective students on and off campus for recruitment and admissions events
- Engage in conversations about Christian vocation and call to ministry
- Position requires regular evening and evening work for recruitment and admissions events and activities
- Position requires frequent travel for recruitment
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree is required. Seminary degree is strongly preferred.
A minimum of two years’ of work experience in a church, college campus ministry and/or university student recruiting.
Experience in a theological institution or seminary is highly desirable. Experience with event planning and hospitality is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Must also demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing. A strong customer service orientation and commitment to cultivating relationships with prospective students and referral leaders are essential.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong problem-solving skills. Must also possess strong organizational, planning and time-management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities. Candidate must demonstrate a commitment to representing the University in a professional and positive manner. Strong presentation skills with the ability to present information effectively to individuals and groups is essential.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment. Must also have a strong commitment to confidentiality and professionalism is essential as the person in this role will be required to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Candidate must demonstrate a connection to faith community and/or appreciation for theological education. Must also demonstrate sensitivity to the issues of vocational discernment and familiarity with programs of theological education. A commitment to increasing diversity in theological education is a plus.
- Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook). Knowledge and/or experience with enrollment management software is desirable (e.g. Slate). Demonstrated skill in the planning, developing, implementing, and coordinating student recruitment is preferred.
- Candidate must have a valid driver's license required to travel for recruiting purposes.
Deadline to Apply
July 20, 2018.
Priority consideration may be given to submissions received by July 13, 2018.
SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. The Executive Director for Access and Equity/Title IX Coordinator is designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies and may be reached at the Perkins Administration Building, Room 204, 6425 Boaz Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, 214-768-3601, .
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.smu.jobs or directly at https://smu.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=PER00000023&tz=GMT-05%3A00
Contact Phone: (214) 768-3311