Ovilla UMC: Nursery Coordinator
Date Posted: 12/3/2018
Ovilla UMC, Ovilla, TX
Ovilla UMC is located west of Red Oak and Glenn Heights, and has a dynamic mission-minded congregation. Children in our nursery span the ages of newborn to 4-years old, but children older than 4 years may be included on an as-needed basis. The Nursery Coordinator would be under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
The normal schedule for this position would include four to five hours during worship services and Sunday school every Sunday morning, and between two and four hours on Wednesday evenings during the school year. In addition, this position needs a flexible person who is willing to also work and/or schedule nursery staff for any church events that require childcare outside of the normal Sunday and Wednesday schedule.
The person who fills this role will be expected to take an interactive approach with the children. We are seeking a person with a committed relationship with Jesus and who has a genuine love of children. The ability to communicate professionally yet compassionately with parents and church staff is of utmost importance.
Ovilla UMC will perform a background check on any candidate considered for this position. The candidate who accepts this position will be required to take an Infant CPR class, which will be paid for by Ovilla UMC. Successful completion of this class is required for permanent employment at Ovilla UMC.
- Provide nursery and school-aged childcare for church worship services, Sunday school, and additional church functions.
- Staff the nursery with workers as needed.
- Give direction and supervision to other nursery workers.
- Confirm the number of hours each week worked by the nursery employees.
- Oversee that the nursery supplies are stocked.
- Work with the church office to ensure that childcare is provided at all church functions when leadership determines childcare is needed.
- Changing diapers and assisting in toilet training of toddlers.
- Engage with children in a curriculum-guided, interactive manner.
OUMC is offering this position at a starting hourly wage of $12.
How to Apply
Email your resume to SPRC chairperson Melissa DeLoach at