Ovilla UMC: Director of Children's Ministries
Date Posted: 1/2/2019
Ovilla UMC, Ovilla, TX
This is a three-quarter time, salaried position requiring presence on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, at weekly staff meetings and all other children’s events throughout the year. Hours per week will depend on the season and special events. Normal expectation would be between 10 and 30 hours per week. This position includes two weeks paid vacation and four Sundays off annually.
The Director of Children’s Ministries reports to the Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Ovilla, Texas, is located in Ellis County.
- A college degree in Education or Christian Ministry is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Must be committed to the vision, values, and beliefs of the church, and should demonstrate evidence of a Christ-like attitude in words and actions.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated, as well as be able to recruit, manage and encourage a team of volunteers.
- Must have a heart and passion for children, and possess understanding and patience.
- Must have good organization skills and have the ability to connect with all children, organize safe activities, ensure responsible behavior and promote Ovilla UMC programs within OUMC and throughout the community.
- Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work with church staff, parents and congregants.
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as will as a maturing faith.
- Develop, promote and direct a Christian ministry to children (toddlers through 5th grade)
- Plan, organize and implement all Sunday morning and Wednesday evening (AWANA) programming
- Retain and recruit volunteers
- Supervise Nursery Coordinator and paid nursery staff
- Implement and execute Ovilla UMC’s Sunday School curriculum, Children’s Church, AWANA program, VBS, Leap of Faith (children with special needs,) and other children’s events as they arise
- Promote and coordinate attendance to Glen Lake Camp throughout the year
- Attend church meetings to represent the interests of children’s ministries
- Maintain a knowledge of the Ministry Safe policy and ensure that children’s ministry volunteers are Ministry Safe-certified
- Participate in budget planning
- Build relationships with all age groups.
How to Apply
Email your letter of interest and resume to
Contact Phone: 469-285-1546