Oak Lawn UMC: Grant Writer
Date Posted: 9/29/2023
Oak Lawn UMC, Dallas, TX
The Grant Writer will identify, define and develop funding sources to support existing and planned Church and Outreach program activities and lead the development, writing and submission of grant proposals to funding sources.
Primary responsibilities include the preparation of proposals and grant applications and performing responsible professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities in areas that support OLUMC ministries.
Compensation commensurate with experience as part of the church receiving grant awards. This is a contract position.
- Researches and identifies new funding prospects to match OLUMC priorities
- Generates high-quality proposals, narratives, applications, and supporting documents in response to solicitations consistent with all policies and procedures of OLUMC and the requirements and guidelines of the funding agencies
- Works with appropriate clergy staff to research, develop, write, and submit letters of inquiry, concept papers and grant proposals
- Coordinates and follows up on the progress of submitted proposals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Grant writing experience, preferably with an education focus
- Experience that should demonstrate a proven track record of securing new funding opportunities; comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to distinguish and identify opportunities for non-profit organizations and/or faith communities
How to Apply
Email a resume and letter of interest to Pastor Ryan Wager at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-271-5298