Oak Lawn UMC: Finance & Administrative Coordinator
Date Posted: 5/2/2019
Oak Lawn UMC, Dallas, TX
The Finance & Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the financial processes, documentation and communication, and the general administrative support of the ministries of Oak Lawn United Methodist Church. The F&A Coordinator must communicate effectively with the community and congregation as well as maintaining the finances of the church in a timely, thorough and confidential manner. As a part of the team, the F&A Coordinator will work to develop policies and procedures so that funds can be made available to support the ministry of the congregation and work with the pastoral staff and ministry teams to provide effective administrative support to the ministries of Oak Lawn UMC.
Salary based on education and experience.
Finance (12-16 hours/week):
- Receive funds from whatever source (including through the mail and by electronic deposit), record them and report them to the church treasurer and to the committee on finance or, in some cases, the trustees.
- Arrange for collecting offerings received during worship services and other church gatherings at the conclusion of these events, making certain that more than one person is involved in collecting and counting the money and ensure that fund are deposited in the bank as soon as possible after they are received.
- Collaborate with the finance committee, treasurer and bookkeeper to establish internal controls.
- Keep records, whenever possible, of how much money is given by whom and report amounts received to the appropriate people and check records against those of the treasurer.
- Report regularly to the committee on finance and the trustees.
- Work closely with external bookkeeper.
Administrative (24-28 hours/week):
- First Impression: answer phones and direct calls as necessary, welcome guests, respond to general email inquiries.
- Assist Communications Director with social media, web presence, E-News, general advertising and building signage.
- Maintain Church Calendar, adding events, etc. as needed, including room reservations- communicate with Facilities Manager about room reservations and set ups. This includes fielding wedding inquiries, answering policy questions and receiving payments.
- Provide general administrative support to pastoral staff, including but not limited to, letter preparation, spreadsheets, registration pages, sign ups, bulletin creation/design, etc.
- Maintain Planning Center Online church management system. Update membership information, calendar, attendance, leadership, etc.
- Must be administratively minded, organized and be able to see the “big picture.”
- Must be proficient in Quickbooks.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Publisher).
- Must feel comfortable with technology and Social Media, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and others.
- Must be able to work with a team.
- Familiarity with Planning Center Online a plus.
- Familiarity with church structure and budgeting, and have general non-profit knowledge a plus.
- Bilingual, Spanish/English, a plus.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to
Contact Phone: 214-521-5197