NTIET and FIRE: Grant Writer/Program Coordinator
Date Posted: 8/20/2018
NTIET and FIRE, Fort Worth, TX
North Texas Immigration Education Table (NTIET) and Force for Immigrant Rights and Empowerment (FIRE) Coordinator Independent Contractor Position
The North Texas Immigration and Education Table seeks a driven and organized Coordinator/Grant Writer who has strong and persuasive writing skills and is energized to support the work of nonprofits that work with immigrants in North Texas. This position is essential to building coalition strength and to the development of relationships with new and existing organizations and potential funders. The Coordinator will assist the NTIET and FIRE with administrative tasks, project management, including overseeing a rapid-response hotline.
Deliverables for Contract
- Identify grant opportunities
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations, corporations, individuals and government entities.
- Regularly update funders regarding progress towards deliverables
- Convene quarterly NTIET and FIRE meetings, update members on meeting times, and keep and send out minutes of official NTIET meetings.
- At each meeting, identify needs for shared content on social media, website, flyers, and education materials for the purpose of carrying out the NTIET agenda. Create and update needed content as requested by NTIET members at joint meetings.
- Collaborate with the FIRE steering committee to coordinate and increase the reach of the DFW Hotline and any trainings or events associated with this.
- Each month, track each organization’s progress towards its deliverables and communicate with each partner to establish expectations about deliverables.
- Submit a monthly report to the NTIET Coordinator Supervisory Committee. Update cumulative report on progress towards final goals for Grant Reporting for NTIET’s funders.
- Maintain the Community Calendar updated with Member events and NTIET events.
- Manage logistics for Table’s monthly events listed in our collective impact plan.
- Coordinate with the media to publicize table events and activities and respond to breaking news events affecting immigrants
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience grant writing and reporting.
- The Coordinator must be passionate about empowering and supporting immigrant communities in North Texas
- The Coordinator must be fully bilingual English-Spanish.
- Evidence of strong personal investment in immigration legal services and civic participation of immigrant families in North Texas is preferred
- Evidence that candidate can work independently and manage their time and resources to complete each deliverable for the monthly contract, based on previous experience as staff or volunteer.
The Coordinator will serve as an independent contractor, compensated by Proyecto Inmigrante on behalf of the NTIET. The Coordinator will submit a monthly report of deliverables completed with their invoice to the NTIET Supervisory Committee.
The contract is for $3,750 per month (renewable for 12 months), covering all work expenses including mileage. Hours worked are flexible, as long as the consultant is available in-person for monthly meetings and logistical support for the Table’s monthly events. These table meetings and events are generally held on nights and weekends by necessity.
As an independent contractor, the coordinator covers their own work expenses like phone, health insurance, taxes, and mileage within the contract. The coordinator may work from a location of their choosing or request flexible desk space at the office of one of the member organizations.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to Yuliana Wiser-León with the subject line “Application for NTIET Coordinator.”
In your cover letter, please include a paragraph in response to each of these questions:
● Discuss your ability to communicate in both English and Spanish.
● Tell us about why you care about immigration legal services and civic participation of immigrant families in North Texas.
● Tell us why you can work independently and manage your time and resources to achieve the deliverables in the monthly contract.