NTC Ministry Center: Coordinator
Date Posted: 7/22/2021
NTC Ministry Center, Plano, TX
The Ministry Center Coordinator supports the Directors and staff of the Center for Connectional Resources, Center for Missional Outreach and Center for Church Development. Primarily responsible for the daily administrative operations of the Ministry Center specifically related to hospitality and scheduling. The goal of the Center for Connectional Resources is to leverage conference resources effectively, to provide services efficiently, and to communicate openly and transparently in support of the mission of the NTAC.
- Welcome and assist visitors entering or calling the Ministry Center.
- Provide administrative support to the Center Directors and their staff.
- Provide assistance on special projects as requested by the Center Directors.
- Solicit and review meeting requests, prioritize appointments and coordinate scheduling with internal and external parties per Center Director’s request and update multiple calendars on multiple systems.
- Communicate and constantly monitor email and other communications related to meetings to ensure the availability and presence of participants. Responsible for ensuring all scheduling is coordinated, logistics confirmed and appropriate parties informed and then reminded for both online and in-person meetings.
- Provide basic IT and AV support for groups meeting at the Ministry Center.
- Oversee meeting room hospitality, calendaring and set up.
- Coordinate chapel services.
- Oversee readiness of reception area, meeting rooms, kitchen and restrooms for supplies and cleanliness.
- Organize monthly building luncheons, including the recognition of staff birthdays, joys and concerns.
- Maintain compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Recommend actions to improve the functioning of the Ministry Center.
- Respond to other information requests as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must.
- High school diploma.
- One to three years of administrative assistant experience.
- Working knowledge of computer-based programs including spreadsheets, databases and word processing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills that incorporate appropriate levels of ingenuity, diplomacy and tact.
- College degree.
- Spanish-language skills.
- Willingness to learn how the United Methodist Church functions at the local church, district, conference and general church levels.
- Willingness and ability to support the vision, mission, critical issues and core values of the NTAC.
- Ability to work with a team to implement the work of the NTAC.
- Willingness to work within and be respectful of our Christ-centered organization.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Deep sensitivity and commitment to diversity (culture, race, ethnicity, gender, theology, etc.).
- Willingness and ability to travel for work trainings or conferences.
- Ability and commitment to work at least one Saturday a month and occasional evening hours as needed.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and credit check.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-526-5000