NTC Center for Leadership Development: Go Camp Executive Director
Date Posted: 10/30/2018
NTC Center for Leadership Development, Plano, TX
The Center for Leadership Development is looking for someone to continue the development of an innovative Christian camping opportunity for urban sites in North Texas that serve communities that are not already being served by Bridgeport Camp and Conference Center or The Prothro Center at Lake Texoma. The goal is to implement a summer camping model that reaches these communities and provides opportunities to develop young and diverse leaders.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the planning and execution of summer camp programs, excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as, the ability to maintain current partnerships and create new ones. We are looking for someone who can develop these partnerships into relationships that extend beyond summer camp. They must also be committed to their spiritual growth and the spiritual growth of their campers.
Responsible to: This position works closely with the North Texas Conference's Center for Leadership Development, reporting to the Director of Camping and Retreat Ministries. The Executive Director is also responsible for working with the Go Camp Board of Directors on matters relating to finances and Go Camp policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Current CPR and first aid certifications (can be acquired after hire)
- At least one season of camp administrative experience (i.e., site supervisor, senior counselor)
- History of love, engagement, and outreach within their local church context
- Ability to innovate and build partnerships
- Ability to supervise staff and campers
- Ability to fund raise and acquire grants
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to plan and execute monthly and quarterly goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (other programs such as MS Publisher a plus)
General Responsibility: To develop, plan, direct, and supervise all camp programs and staff.
- Build structure and organization around the current model of NTC Go Camp.
- Maintain current and develop new partnerships with local churches, community centers, campuses, etc.
- Develop a system for recruiting campers and staff using online media, brochures, telephone calls, reunions, hot prospect lists, etc.
- Prepare and conduct pre-camp in-service staff training and materials.
- Set opening and closing-day procedures for volunteers, staff and campers.
- Develop detailed routines, schedules and procedures for camp operations.
- Hire and assign staff activities and other responsibilities that develop their leadership abilities.
- Set and supervise camp registration and assign staff and campers to groups.
- Supervise and evaluate, or supervise evaluations of, all operations and program staff.
- Maintain and review records and evaluations of all programs, operations, staff and facilities.
- Prepare an evaluation and summary of the current season including inventories, staff evaluations, camper reports and recommendations for the following season.
- Develop an annual business plan in conjunction with the Go Camp Board of Directors that includes, grant writing, speaking at local churches, fundraising and more.
- Define and monitor crisis management plan, including emergency procedures.
- Supervise the collection of required forms for all campers and adults, including but not limited to medical release forms, ministry safe forms and background checks.
- Work closely with the NTC's Center for Leadership Development Camping and Retreat Ministries.
- Help provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the camp family.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
Essential Functions: This position is crucial to the development of Go Camp and its summer camping program. The Executive director will be responsible for furthering the work that has already been done with regard to Go Camp structure and partnerships. The goal is to create a system of camping that is both scalable and sustainable with minimal support from conference resources.
How to Apply
Email a resume, three references and a paragraph or two explaining how camping ministry has influenced your personal faith journey to Joseph Bradley (Director of Camping and Retreat Ministries) at
Contact Phone: (972) 526-5011