Northaven UMC: Minister of Music and Worship Arts
Date Posted: 2/10/2020
Northaven UMC, Dallas, TX
Northaven United Methodist Church is seeking a Minister of Music and Worship Arts whose skills and passions align with the progressive theology, inclusivity and creativity of our congregation.
This position includes responsibility for the Adult Choir, the Adult Handbell Choir and a children’s music program. Excellent choral conducting, vocal competence and creative use of diverse musical styles in worship are required abilities. A degree in choral conducting and theological training is preferred. Additional competencies in orchestral conducting and proficiencies with other instruments are also desirable.
Northaven seeks an individual to work collaboratively with the Senior Pastor, Staff and Leadership Board to expand our music ministry within our congregation and in the Dallas community we serve. Northaven seeks a music ministry that is authentic and alive, balances progressive theology with tradition and seeks to inspire both those who are deeply grounded Christians and those who are “religious refugees” and/or are “spiritual but not religious.”
The ability to bridge the classical and traditional expectations of the church with more modern sounds appealing to spiritual seekers is desirable.
- Collaborate with the Senior Pastor to plan Sunday morning worship, including bulletin preparation, hymns, choral music, and all aspects of the worship service
- Use and develop soloists, ensembles and other musical talent in the choir, congregation and community
- Conduct Wednesday night choir and bell practice, leading a group of congregation volunteers who range in talent from the professionally-trained voice to the novice singer who loves to make a ‘joyful noise’
- Collaborate with Northaven’s organist/pianist to deliver a complete choral and instrumental repertoire that seeks excellence and relevance, incorporates a variety of styles, both historic and contemporary, and contributes to a fully integrated worship experience
- Create and/or host special music events for the Dallas community
This position is part time (25 to 30 hours) but could be full time depending on the applicant. This position will begin after Easter.
How to Apply
Please email resumes to