Northaven UMC: Minister of Families and Community Engagement
Date Posted: 7/7/2019
Northaven UMC, Dallas, TX
This person will work with the Sr. Pastor to create a strategy for reaching into the community in creative ways with particular attention to families and young adults. This person should be extremely relational, have a passion for creative ministry and discipleship, be committed to inclusion, be theologically grounded and hold a progressive stance. Additional duties related to welcoming ministries, worship and general pastoral ministry are also included in this position.
Small Groups and Community Engagement: Create strategy of small groups and fellowship events that reach the surrounding community and/or visitors/new members.
- Provide small group opportunities for (in particular) young adults, visitors and new members
- Develop creative ways to move congregation outside the walls and to engage the surrounding community
Family Ministries: Develop ministry with families who have elementary-age children by building relationships, developing programming, creating community, reaching out to visiting families.
- Create Children’s Committee to vision, implement and oversee programming for children
- Communicate with parents of children on a regular basis
- Oversee Nursery staff
- Work with Youth Minister to create smooth transition into Youth Group
- Provide oversight and vision for Membership Committee.
- Follow-up with visitors and develop effective ways to assimilate visitors and new members into the life of Northaven.
Co-op Preschool Board Liaison: Strengthen the ties between the Co-op School and Northaven looking for ways to collaborate.
- Co-op Board Liaison
- Attend monthly meetings of the Co-op Board and regularly check-in with the Co-op Director
- Assist each Sunday as needed to include liturgist, prayers, Children’s Time.
- Preach as needed.
Northaven will accept resumes until July 17.
How to Apply
Submit resume to Pastor Marti Soper at