North Texas Conference: Ministerial Services Administrator
Date Posted: 4/28/2022
North Texas Conference, Plano, TX
The Ministerial Services Administrator reports to the Associate Director of the Center for Leadership Development. This position will provide administrative services and coordinate systems to assist the Vocational Discernment coordinator, candidates for ministry, District Committees on Ministry, Board of Ministry, and the Annual Conference and General Conference connectional work.
Including but are not limited to:
General Administrative Services
- Provide administrative support for the Vocational Discernment Coordinator (CLD Associate Director) and 4 District Committees, Board of Ordained Ministry (BOM), Licensing School and Course of Study program.
- Coordinate Conference meetings and retreats, provide agendas, preparation of materials, arranging logistics, maintaining event registration, and facilitating portions of the retreat as assigned by the Directors and Chairpersons.
- Prepare reports for the Annual Conference Workbook and Journal and other reports or presentations as needed including the Business of the Annual Conference (BAC).
- Maintain records, including electronic records, in accordance with established federal and state guidelines and Conference policy.
- Manage department expenses and assist in processing requests for scholarships and Ministerial Education Fund (MEF) requests.
- Provide candidacy support systems to assist the Vocational Discernment Coordinator and the District Administrative Assistants.
Preparations and Qualifications Administration Services
- Prepare Candidate files for the “Preparations and Qualifications” interview team of the Board of Ministry.
- Process psychological reports from appropriately authorized counselors with notarized releases from candidates. Send to the appropriate specialist, committee chairpersons or Board of Ministry Executive Team.
- Initiate and compile background checks, candidate references sheets, transcripts and all required documents for Candidates for Commissioning and Ordination.
- Compile introduction sheets for interviews.
- Prepare materials for Annual Conference as requested
- Coordinate Board of Ministry and Vocational Discernment communications including, but not limited to assembling and distributing brochures, handbooks, and other supportive promotional material.
- Provide updated information for the North Texas Conference website.
Licensing School and Course of Study Administrative Services
- Process applications and submit funding for Course of Study, Advance Course Study and Ministerial Education Funds.
- Coordinate the annual Licensing School and Course of Study logistics with the Directors.
- Provide administrative support and coordination for these events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn and operate proprietary software systems.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality when receiving data, information, and correspondence relevant to projects, services, and events.
- Ability to work independently and proactively with strong organizational skills, critical thinking, independent decision-making skills, plan, prioritize, problem-solve and multi-task while demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent calendar management skills and demonstrated history of complex scheduling with consistent follow through.
- Basic accounting and bookkeeping skills with a working knowledge of financial and data management software systems.
- Must be familiar with and have experience using new communications technologies such as online video conferencing.
- Ability to exercise a high level of judgment in accomplishing assigned tasks with emotional maturity and stability, within the parameters of established policy and procedures, and in regular communication with your supervisor, the Center for Leadership Development staff, Ministry Center staff and related leaders in the conference.
- Must possess interpersonal skills, ability to listen and incorporate constituents’ ideas, communication skills, knowledge and proficiency in planning and organization, ability to prioritize, budgeting skills, decision making skills, cultural sensitivity, discernment, judgment, and initiative.
- Deep knowledge of, and commitment to, The United Methodist Church and how it functions at the local church, district, conference, and general church levels is strongly preferred. In-depth, experience-based knowledge of the doctrine, polity and structure of The United Methodist Church, and an understanding of the work and inter-relatedness of the General Church, Conference, and District structure and the local church.
- Full-time, salary position (salary commensurate with expertise and experience)
- Occasional remote working opportunities with at least weekly onsite requirements.
- Some local travel is required.
The North Texas Conference is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.
Deadline to apply is May 11.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Rev. Cammy Gaston at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-526-5036