New World UMC: Youth Director
Date Posted: 9/23/2019
New World UMC, Garland, TX
New World UMC is seeking an enthusiastic young adult with a personal commitment to Jesus Christ to lead and grow our youth program. The ideal candidate shall develop a program that will inspire, motivate and encourage our youth (ages 12 thru 18) in their efforts to live out God’s will as Christians.
- Planning, organizing and leading all aspects of the youth program at New World UMC.
- Attending Staff Meetings as scheduled by the Senior Pastor.
- Serving as a role model for the youth in attitude and appearance.
- Creating and meeting regularly with a Youth Program Advisory Committee.
- The ability to work effectively with youth and young adults.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to successfully plan, organize, lead, and guide complex projects and spontaneous activities related to youth ministries.
- Plan programs for the youth including securing all necessary funding, travel arrangements (when needed), adult chaperones, etc.
- Build and maintain a strong and fruitful relationship with the New World staff, parents, congregaton and youth.
- Recruit, train, support and inspire volunteers serving in the youth ministries.
- Maintain files for background checks (Ministry Safe) for all youth volunteers, including those transporting youth for church activities.
- Promote and communicate youth programs to congregation and community.
- Create and effectively manage a limited budget for the youth program.
- Coordinate a yearly calendar for youth activities to include various retreats, Sunday night activities; lock-ins, and mission opportunities.
- Some college or college degree required.
- Previous experience working with youth in a group setting required.
- A flexible work schedule will be developed with the Pastor/Staff Parish Relations Team.
- This is a part time position with no paid holidays, sick leave, or vacation time.
- Any time off during work hours must be discussed with Pastor and/or SPRC chair.
- Thirty days written notification will be given by either employer (NWUMC) or the employee before the termination of employment.
Salary: $20,000 annually
How to Apply
Interested candidates please submit a resume and references to Beth Steerman at
Contact Phone: 972-226-3082