New Covenant UMC: Director of Student Ministry
Date Posted: 9/24/2018
New Covenant UMC, Sunnyvale, TX
Develops and maintains healthy relationships with children and youth through high school and their families while promoting spiritual growth.
- Recruits, trains, equips and supports volunteers to work with children and youth.
- Develops and leads youth and children leadership teams that meet monthly to contribute to the planning of student programming.
- Cultivates healthy relationships with children, youth and their families reflecting the love of Christ.
- Communicates student ministry information to children, youth, parents, volunteers, staff and Senior Pastor.
- Selects and develops age appropriate curriculum consistent with United Methodist theology, doctrine and polity (Sunday school, children’s church, VBS, youth group, bible studies, discipleship opportunities).
- Encourages children and youth to participate in the local church and at District and Annual Conference sponsored events.
- Encourages, equips and supports children and youth participation in worship.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and implements for service and mission projects (including trips), camps and retreats for children, youth and volunteers.
- Provides oversight for Vacation Bible School while developing leadership skills in those lay persons especially gifted in children’s ministry.
- Assists Pastor in leading Confirmation Classes.
- Provides staffing and supervision of nursery personnel.
- Participates in peer support as provided by the North Texas Conference.
- Prepares quarterly reports for Senior Pastor and Administrative Council review.
- Prepares and strictly adheres to annual student ministry budgets for congregation approval.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality a must.
- Working knowledge of physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual development.
- Knowledge of Bible (interpretation) and United Methodist theology, doctrine and polity.
- Growing in own faith through participation in the Means of Grace.
- Christian Education formal training or some seminary experience preferred.
How to Apply
Submit resume to Pastor Dana Norton at
Contact Phone: (972) 989-3562