New Covenant UMC: Administrative Assistant
Date Posted: 8/21/2018
New Covenant UMC, Sunnyvale, TX
Hours: Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Serves under the supervision of the Pastor. Reviewed annually by Staff Parrish Relationship Committee in consultation with the Pastor. Reports quarterly to the Administrative Council. Should be the face of the church to the public.
- Prepares church bulletins for each Sunday morning service and all special services.
- Works in cooperation with the Pastor and Communications Team to effectively manage communications within and outside of the church.
- Maintains and oversees office equipment and rental contracts under the direction of the Pastor and Trustees.
- Oversees the general appearance of the church under the direction of the Pastor and Trustees.
- Maintains facility use forms and records, including the collection of building usage fees, under the direction of the Pastor and Trustees.
- Prepares and posts church deposits; generates monthly income reports under the direction of the Pastor, Church Treasurer and Finance Committee.
- Maintains church calendar, including communication of meeting reminders and coordination of pastor and church calendar.
- Orders and maintains church office and cleaning supplies.
- Provides oversight of church key distribution.
- Maintains, orders, and stocks all administrative supplies.
- Inputs and maintains church statistical records, including but not limited to attendance records.
- Prepares annual Charge Conference and year-end membership and participation reports.
- Prepares quarterly reports for Pastor and Administrative Council review.
- Prepares and strictly adheres to annual church office budget for congregational approval.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality a must.
- Pleasant telephone manner and customer service skills, good organizational habits, high level of dependability.
- Working knowledge of MS Office. Ability to learn financial and church record software.
- Must pass criminal background check and Ministry Safe Training
How to Apply
Send resume to Pastor Dana Norton at
Contact Phone: (972) 989-3562