Melissa UMC: Seasonal Music Director
Date Posted: 8/3/2023
Melissa UMC, Melissa, TX
Seasonal Music Director prepares and leads a choral ensemble with optional orchestra and collaborates on worship preparation for Dec. 17 and March 24 (9 and 11 am). They report to the Curator of Worship and form a planning team with the Curator & Worship Leader.
Scope of work (36 hours):
- Music selection, rehearsal and performance (compensated at 2 hours per Sunday)
- Collaboration on worship, including hymns and extra musicians (not to exceed 5 hours per Sunday)
- 6 rehearsals for Advent beginning in November.
- 6 rehearsals for Palm Sunday beginning in February.
- 2 Sundays (7:30 a.m.-12:30 pm): Dec. 17 and March 24
Optional additional services (3 hours each)
- Ash Wednesday – February 14, 2024 and/or Good Friday – March 29, 2024
- Music selection, rehearsal and performance (compensated at 1 hour)
- Collaboration on worship service (not to exceed 1 hour)
- Soundcheck and performance (compensated at 1 hour)
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Baylee Davis, Curator of Worship, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 469-301-6060