Lovers Lane UMC: Director of Preteen Ministry
Date Posted: 8/13/2018
Lovers Lane UMC, Dallas, TX
Position Type: part-time, salaried, at-will employee
Schedule: 20 hours per week, schedule flexible, must include Sunday mornings
- Lead point person for the entire ministry for 5th- and 6th-grade kids on Sunday mornings, 2nd Sunday evenings, weekdays and special events.
- Cultivate relationship with kids & their families
- Recruit & Train teams of volunteers to serve
- Communicate to parents & volunteers
- Direct Sunday School hour Sundays at 9:30 and Bible study at 10:50 a.m., including developing or acquiring appropriate curriculum.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of 2nd Sunday of the month evening Preteen Gatherings, including invitations, parent communication, food, planning and executing activities.
- Develop and cultivate relationship with the Wesley Prep director, teachers and families
- Attend meetings for kids and staff. (i.e. weekly children and student teams, equipping and all-staff meetings amd staff chapel.)
- Attend Staff prayer time on Sundays at 7:45 a.m.
- Work with Kids Ministry Director on summer programming for kids, as well as Christmas, Easter and other seasonal events (i.e. VBS, art camps, preteen events, etc.)
- Actively support the mission of the Children & Family Team to cultivate a diverse community of biblical teaching, celebration of faith, intentional discipleship, and a lifestyle of service.
- Actively support the mission of the church to love ALL people into relationship with Jesus Christ through other duties as assigned.
Direct Supervisor: Family Ministries Pastor (Table Leader)
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume by Sept. 1 to Rev. Kay Eck at
Contact Phone: (214) 706-9686