Lovers Lane UMC: Director of Nursery & Preschool Ministry
Date Posted: 9/26/2018
Lovers Lane UMC, Dallas, TX
Your role is to provide excellent care for our children and families birth through kindergarten through:
- Maintaining nursery room supplies & room/nursery area appearance
- Childcare scheduling of workers for the various ministries of Lovers Lane UMC
- Training/supervising a staff of volunteers, teachers and lead teachers
- Effective communication with the families associated with the Nursery Ministry
- Providing educational support and focus to the teachers and families
- Developing/adapting curriculum for Preschool Sunday morning classes
- Recruiting and communicating with teachers and volunteers in Sunday morning classes
- Making sure to communicate with parents of children in the program
- Be a consistent presence on Sunday mornings from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Kids Check In area to interact with children and their families
- Develop and sustain a vibrant nursery and preschool ministry where children and families can feel loved and connected to Lovers Lane UMC.
- Connect with parents, both members and prospects, to engage their deeper involvement in the church and commitment to Christ.
- Actively support the mission of the Children & Family Team to cultivate a diverse community of biblical teaching, celebration of faith, intentional discipleship, and a lifestyle of service.
- Actively support the mission of the church to love ALL people into relationship with Jesus Christ through relationship with families.
- Supervise the cleanliness and care of the nursery area and the preschool rooms.
- Maintain the nursery supply stock and oversee the donation or purchase of necessary supplies
- Address concerns, written injury reports, or ideas shared by the teachers and staff in a timely manner.
- Lead occasional Teacher meetings for the professional growth and community of the team.
- Assist in the administration of emergency guidelines in the event of a drill, or an unexpected event.
- Maintain personnel records for all nursery teachers and lead teachers.
- Maintain injury records for all children in the care of LLUMC.
- Ensure that biblical truth and themes are being integrated into the activities and communication within the nursery and preschool.
- Schedule periodic First Aid/CPR Certification for all staff, volunteers, teachers and lead teachers.
- You must have a cleared background check on file and successfully complete a MinistrySafe online abuse awareness training.
- You will be expected to maintain a current First Aid/CPR Certification and personal employment paperwork.
How to Apply
Submit resume to Pastor Kay Eck at
Contact Phone: (214) 706-9686