Lovers Lane UMC: Director of Marketing and Church Connection
Date Posted: 10/13/2020
Lovers Lane UMC, Dallas, TX
The Director of Marketing and Church Connection will develop an intentional process of marketing Lovers Lane UMC and Walnut Hill Church effectively within each organization and to the greater community. The position will implement strategies connecting church members and guests at both the Lovers Lane UMC and Walnut Hill Church campuses, including unchurched and disengaged churchgoers. This position will also work to connect the mission and ministry of Lovers Lane UMC to the new work at Walnut Hill Church while creating a comprehensive communication pipeline between the two congregations.
Position Type: full-time, salaried, at-will employee
Schedule: Monday-Thursday (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and Sundays
Reports to: Director of Operations
Marketing and Communications
- Work with the Director of Social Media and Technology and part-time staff (contractors and volunteers) in the development and production of communication tools (website, social media, printed collateral, graphics, etc.).
- Provide leadership for developing and implementing strategic external marketing and communication plans for Lovers Lane UMC and Walnut Hill Church. Will coordinate with the Director of Social Media and Technology on internal communications at both campuses.
- Help direct the vision and appeal of worship services through implementation of technologies and creative components (with Director of Music and Fine Arts and Director of Modern Worship). Help manage and coordinate Tech Teams for the various worship venue needs and church activities.
- Working with the Director of Social Media and Technology:
- Manage the development of a communication calendar for church-wide activities (annual events, worship series, etc.).
- Support and advise ministry team leaders about communication needs for ministry activities and events.
- Develop communications policies and procedures to ensure quality, timeliness and consistency.
- Develop plans for Lovers Lane UMC and Walnut Hill Church which create a deeper missional connection for members/guests at each campus; and which creates a stronger connection between the 2 campuses.
- Develop a plan that calls individuals to higher levels of commitment through their relationship with God, their church and their community.
- Implement organizational systems which move people from guests (and inactive members) to fully engaged, invitational members.
- Support and advise ministry team leaders in implementing discipleship tools to help develop fully engaged, invitational members.
- Support Evangelism and Generosity teams with member and leadership development and generosity campaigns.
Member Cultivation and Follow-up
- Provide leadership (with the Director of Evangelism) in the implementation of a 2-campus evangelism plan.
- Support and advise ministry team leaders in implementing tools to grow attendance in their programs (volunteer recruiting and development, bridge events, guest follow-up, etc.).
- Lead staff and volunteers in effective visitor and member attendance data interpretation and appropriate follow-up contact.
- Help coordinate hospitality volunteers -- greeters, ushers, etc. to improve church marketability.
- Serve as a resource for training and support in marketing and membership at both Lovers Lane UMC campus and Walnut Hill Church campus.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume by Nov. 2 to Rev. Kay Eck at
Contact Phone: 214-706-9686