Lovers Lane UMC: Director of Kids Ministry
Date Posted: 6/24/2021
Lovers Lane UMC, Dallas, TX
We wonder … do you like to instill the wonder of God in kids? Are you called to help children not only understand God as a concept, but experience God in and of Godself? Are you called to help lead a team of volunteers to do this as well? Do you thrive in a ministry filled with diversity? If so, please read this job description and send resume to the below email address.
Position Type: Full-time, salaried (commensurate to experience) with benefits
Schedule: 40 hours per week, schedule flexible, must include Sunday mornings, some hours can be done at home
Summary of Responsibilities: This position is responsible for pastoring children (age birth through 6th grades) through a ministry and program that is Wesleyan in theology and that inspires wonder, and creates space to experience God in ways that are foundational for growing faith and relationship with Jesus Christ. This person also supports parents as they inspire wonder in their children at home.
- Sunday Morning Programming
- Cast the vision for a vibrant kids ministry that will allow kids to experience God, not just learn about God, in a relevant and relational way
- Help develop and support a dynamic volunteer team through providing resources and training and implementing appreciation strategies
- Curate and customize, or write and create curriculum, including Sunday lessons, reflection ideas for home and in person.
- Oversee the nursery coordinator and preteen director and kids coordinator of the Walnut Hill Campus
- Seasonal Events
- Oversee all aspects of Vacation Bible School
- Oversee all aspects Summer Activities/Camps
- Oversee all Fall Programming: Back to School Blessings, Promotion Sunday, Bible Sunday
- Oversee all Christmas Programming
- Support the Family Ministry team with other events or programs.
- Worship Services
- Work with the Executive Pastor and worship leaders/pastors to support families and children who attend worship services with tools to help engage the child throughout the worship experience.
- Organize Kids Moment schedule, support the Kids Ministry Team member each week as they create their kids moment, edit as needed, and share video including uploading to YouTube to help support the closed captioning needs of the Deaf Ministry Kids Coordinator who also offers a kids moment each week.
- Seek out, implement, and celebrate ways kids can and are serving as leaders in the life of the church.
- Work closely with the Executive Pastor to create and work within the budget, as well as strategies for any donation/funding requests of supporters.
- Manage publicity content and deadlines for programs listed above
- Maintain metrics for programs listed above.
- Ensure that all Kids Ministry classrooms and their contents are properly maintained and that shared space with Wesley Prep is ready for Monday morning after Sunday use.
- Communicate effectively with LLUMC facilities’ staff and Wesley Prep staff, including the use of shared spaces, reservations, and set up needs
- Support the Family Ministry
- Actively support the mission of the Children & Family Team to cultivate a diverse community of biblical teaching, a celebration of faith, intentional discipleship, and a lifestyle of service.
- Actively support the mission of the church to love ALL people into relationship with Jesus Christ through other duties as assigned.
Direct Supervisor: Executive Pastor
How to Apply
Email a resume, picture and cover letter to Rev. Kay Eck at
Contact Email: [email protected]