Lovers Lane UMC: Assistant to Children's Director
Date Posted: 2/13/2019
Lovers Lane UMC, Dallas, TX
Become part of a vibrant Children & Families Ministry and Sunday school program within a diverse, mission orientated United Methodist Church. This is a 25-hour, part-time position with fixed hours on Sunday and flexible hours during the week.
- Collaborate with the Children’s Director on curriculum and activities for children 3 years through 4th grade including responsibility for the Kids Ministry Newsletter.
- Coordinate special events including summer day camps, Vacation Bible School and other seasonal activities.
- Actively support the mission of Lovers Lane UMC, “Loving ALL people into a relationship with Jesus Christ.”
- Cultivate a diverse community of biblical teaching, celebration of faith and a lifestyle of service through the recruiting and coordinating of volunteers.
- Communicate with parents in the program, both members and prospects, to engage their deeper involvement in the church and commitment to Christ.
- Be present on Sundays (8 a.m. to 1 p.m.) to support the weekly Sunday morning children’s programs.
- Have a cleared background check on file and successfully complete MinistrySafe online abuse awareness training.
- High school degree or equivalent with demonstrated communication skills.
Live Your Passion for Children’s Ministry
- Become part of a diverse, mission orientated church with local and global presence.
- Serve a growing Children’s Ministry that serves 120+ kids per week.
- Join a team of dedicated and supportive staff members with deep commitment to one another and to the church.
- Position provides opportunities for self growth:
- Accept unique challenges while expanding your knowledge of ministry and faith development.
- Broaden your use of critical thinking skills, creativity, initiative, planning and organization skills.
- Grow and learn through staff development and outside conferences or classes.
- Impact children and families in ways you never imagined!
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Rev. Kay Eck at
Contact Phone: 214-706-9686