Lawrence Free Methodist Church: Worship Leader
Date Posted: 3/13/2019
Lawrence Free Methodist Church, Lawrence, KS
Lawrence Free Methodist Church is located in Lawrence, Kansas, about 30 miles west of Kansas City. LFMC is part of the Great Plains Conference of the Free Methodist Church in North America, and is also a member of the Willow Creek Association. The church is led by Senior Pastor Alex Alexander who has been on staff for a year. Each weekend, the church sees approximately 450 people during its 8:30 a.m. traditional service, and its 10:30 a.m. contemporary worship service.
The church is looking to hire a part-time worship leader to lead its contemporary worship services and help shepherd and grow the worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity to develop a church worship culture.
- Provide leadership, vision and passion in the area of worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision and mission of LFMC.
- Take the lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities which align with the mission and vision at LFMC.
- Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create well-planned and engaging Sunday worship services.
- Prepare and lead all rehearsals and soundchecks.
- Lead the Sunday worship service.
- Oversee the worship team.
- Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- If available, attend weekly staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church. If not available, coordinate a time for a weekly meeting with the Lead Pastor.
- Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services. Based on availability.
- Work with the Senior Pastor and staff of any pertinent situations that arise regarding the worship ministry.
- General pastoral responsibilities shared by the team and other duties as required.
- Must be a born-again Christian.
- Meeting the 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5 qualifications for church leaders.
- Commitment to LFMC’s doctrine, vision, values and beliefs.
- Commitment to a team approach to ministry.
- Relational style of leadership and ministry.
- Joyful spirit and good sense of humor.
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Proficiency to lead worship both vocally and with a guitar and/or keyboard.
- Experience in leading worship in a contemporary setting.
- GED or High School Diploma required, continued education preferred.
HOURS: It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 15 hours per week.
How to Apply
Email your resume to Meggan Jacobus at
Contact Phone: 614-551-3989