Lake Highlands UMC: Technical Coordinator
Date Posted: 10/19/2020
Lake Highlands UMC, Dallas, TX
This position will provide technical expertise and team leadership for all of the church’s audio, video and stage lighting support related to church ministries. This position reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Purchase, maintain and install A/V/L equipment for the LHUMC campuses.
- Be available Sunday mornings for A/V/L related issues for worship services, Sunday school classes, youth, children and any other ministry areas.
- Recruit, lead and train volunteer teams on the A/V/L ministry for all worship services and to support church events throughout the week.
- Work with FOH mix engineers in Traditional and Contemporary worship services to set up sermon recording protocol, edit weekly sermons and post on the website.
- Direct management of A/V/L quality during worship services and other major events.
- Create monthly schedules for A/V/L Worship Teams to ensure coverage for Sunday mornings.
- Conduct quarterly meetings with A/V/L teams to review policy, answer questions or address any issues within the ministry.
- Build worship ProPresenter slides for weekly worship in Traditional and Contemporary services, and weekly lighting designs for Contemporary service.
- Provide A/V/L support to other staff members and other ministry areas as needed.
- Provide vision and guidance for A/V/L needs at LHUMC and work with integrators and church committees to purchase and install large capital A/V/L upgrades.
- Other A/V/L duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related discipline or equivalent experience or certification, preferred but not required.
- Teachable and self-starting; excited to stay current on ever-changing technologies.
- Ability to lead and inspire volunteer teams.
- Strong communication skills to communicate with church leaders and volunteer teams.
- A proven track record in creating and mixing quality sound in medium-sized venues.
- Broad experience working with a variety of audio, video and lighting equipment.
- Proven audio editing skills and experience with editing software.
- Proficient on MAC operating systems and in ProPresenter presentation software.
- Possesses a servant’s heart and strong passion to support A/V/L at LHUMC.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, mulit-task, team environment.
- Has a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ and exhibits Christ centered behavior at all times.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organization skills and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
Physical Requirements: Qualified candidates must be able to lift up to 65 lbs. (with or without assistance).
How to Apply
Please email your resume to Rev. Jill Jackson-Sears at
Contact Phone: 817-846-1242