Lake Highlands UMC: Children's Ministry Assistant
Date Posted: 1/14/2021
Lake Highlands UMC, Dallas, TX
Must demonstrate a strong and active commitment as a disciple of Jesus Christ; leadership; connect well with parent and childcare workers; team accountability; strong conflict resolution skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, recruiting and training skills, work place flexibility, admin and organization skills required.
- Be present and manage nursery/childcare areas each Sunday morning 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Greet children and their families, welcoming and shepherding them as a representative of LHUMC and Children’s Ministry
- Manage nursery/childcare areas every other Friday during MOPS season from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., coordinate nursery/childcare for MOPS ministry.
- Work with the Dir. of Children’s Ministry to insure a cohesive vision and mission that is fitting of the LHUMC church vision and mission
- Lead and supervise the nursery/caregiver team
- Responsible for hiring, training, resolving problems that arise and consulting with the Dir. of Children's Ministry at such times
- Meet with lead caregivers on a monthly basis and communicate regularly with all nursery/caregiver staff
- Prepares and communicates schedules nd
- Participate in weekly meeting with the Dir. of Children's Ministry
- Insure that all rooms and childcare workers are prepared and accessible for Sunday mornings, weekday and special events and MOPS
- Maintain supplies and provide Dir. of Children's Ministry with a list of what is needed on a monthly basis
- Keep cabinets clean and organized in primary nursery spaces
- Consult with primary event contact when childcare is being provided to ensure childcare areas are unlocked a lights and AC are turned on
- Schedule nursery workers for childcare and mini VBS during VBS and all special events that require childcare
- Be available during Christmas and Holy Week, any other appropriate duties as needed
- Assist with preparations, set up and clean up at all Children’s Ministry events including but not limited to: Christmas, Holy Week, Easter, all summer programming, Back to school, Family Retreats, Fall/Trunk or Treat
- Other duties as needed to fulfill ministry needs.
- Lift over 30 lbs.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Welden, Director of Children's Ministry, at
Contact Phone: 214-546-4886