Kingwood UMC: Director of Music and Worship Arts
Date Posted: 11/2/2018
Kingwood UMC, Kingwood, TX
Location: Kingwood, a northeastern suburb of Houston
The 4,600 member Kingwood United Methodist Church (KUMC) has a dynamic and diverse music ministry. The Director of Music and Worship Arts is responsible for all aspects of the music program and will work collaboratively with the pastors, program staff, musicians and laity to structure and enhance all worship services. The Director of Music and Worship Arts will oversee a mixed chorus, women’s chorus, men’s vocal ensemble, orchestra, bell choir and brass ensemble. A high emphasis is placed upon striving for excellence and also upon recruiting, training and supporting musicians and worship arts participants in becoming disciples of Christ.
- Design and offer deep and meaningful worship experiences created alongside pastors, staff and the laity of KUMC.
- Direct, lead and develop the Chancel Choir, Men’s Ensemble, King’s Ringers, Brass Ensemble
- Provide oversight, support and thematic alignment for all church music organizations, including Children’s Choirs, Sola Gratia Women’s Chorus, Orchestra and contemporary worship team.
- Develop and plan major worship events including Advent and Lenten special programs.
- Participate in the general pastoral care of the congregation especially for those participating in the music ministries of the church.
- Bachelor’s degree in music required. Master’s degree desired.
- Strong organizational and relational skills
- Previous church music ministry experience
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Deadline to Apply: Dec. 15
How to Apply
Do not contact the church. Email resume and cover letter, along with links to any video or audio recordings that highlight your experience and abilities to Dr. Craig Gilbert at