Justice For Our Neighbors - North Central Texas: Administrative Assistant
Date Posted: 1/3/2022
Justice For Our Neighbors - North Central Texas, Grapevine, TX
Justice For Our Neighbors – North Central Texas welcomes immigrants to north and central Texas by providing free and low-cost, high-quality immigration legal services, education and advocacy. We are an independent non-profit 501(c)3 organization with connections to a national network called Justice for Our Neighbors.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Legal Director but will be assigned work from the Executive Director as well. This individual will have supervisory authority over administrative volunteers in the organization.
This position is based in Grapevine and will require occasional evenings and weekends with occasional travel requirements. Access to reliable transportation is necessary as the position may occasionally involve assisting with community-based legal work at off-site clinic locations and presentations at off-site locations.
This is a part-time position (20 hours per week). Hourly pay will be $15/hour.
This is largely an administrative position aimed to assist our current staff. The below tasks are illustrative of tasks that you would be assigned, but additional duties will be expected:
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records of all client and office transactions and provide information for financial reports and an annual audit as needed.
- In coordination with the ED, manage correspondence and recordkeeping in response to donations and fundraising.
- Assist in writing grant proposals and assist with completing all required reports.
- Assist with managing donor communications.
- Manage social media and newsletters.
- Respond to in-person, telephone and email correspondence and inquiries (English/Spanish) including drafting/sending emails and setting up and notifying clients of appointments and clinics.
- Refer clients to proper community resources.
- Assist Attorney on documenting client interactions, monitoring internal case status, and managing deadlines.
- Assist Attorney and staff by preparing, copying, scanning documents, and sending/tracking outgoing and incoming mail.
- Provide interpretation for client meetings or translate information as requested.
- Answer communications from clients and schedule appointments.
- Answer phone, maintain voicemail, and record messages.
- Help maintain digital and paper client files.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Preferred experience in small non-profit setting.
- Ability to work and communicate with low-income immigrant clients and volunteers effectively.
- Culturally Competent. Ability to work sensitively with clients and staff having diverse personalities, lifestyles, cultures, faiths, backgrounds, etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and communicate tactfully with clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English and Spanish) to organize information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess superb organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, DropBox, and Google Drive. Ability to learn legal case management software and work on Macs and PCs.
- Comfort working with limited-English-proficient clients (experience communicating through interpreters will be helpful).
- Have access to transportation.
Justice For Our Neighbors – North Central Texas is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Priority deadline is Jan. 14. We will begin reviewing resumes after that date. Email a cover letter and resume combined in a single PDF to Sid Earnheart. Individuals who do not apply as directed will not be considered. Please indicate where you saw this posting.
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-342-6995