Inclusive Collective at Northern Illinois University: Campus Ministry Resident
Date Posted: 3/9/2021
You can find the full job description here.
- Develop and implement strategic planning in conjunction with the Board and student leaders that is inspired by and rooted in the IC’s mission and values.
- Initiate, develop and implement programs, services and experiences that include, but are not limited to evangelism, leadership development, spiritual formation, fellowship, worship, service, interfaith communication/collaboration, pastoral counseling and social justice.
- Oversee all ministry communications and marketing with both students and other partners.
- Mentor, supervise and provide work direction to Ministry Interns
- Build relationships with (1) on-campus departments/programs to provide appropriate programs and services to students, including monthly attendance with the Association of Campus Religious Organizations at NIU and (2) off-campus organizations and businesses to build partnerships
- Work with the Board to (1) develop, fundraise at least $10,000, and manage the annual operating budget to meet organizational needs and objectives; (2) ensure healthy partnership between the IC with our sponsoring denominations, local churches, pastors and community organizations; (3) comply with all financial and legal reporting.
- Conduct routine assessment of all programs and provide evaluation and feedback to the IC Board.
- Develop a spiritual life as a foundation for living as well as a model for students and others; take time for rest, retreat and vacation as well as continuing education each year.
- Learning and enacting the IC culture in DeKalb with orientation and subsequent bi-weekly coaching from Rich Havard
How to Apply
Email a one-page letter of interest, including a short statement of personal faith with special attention to anti-racism, LGBTQ+ inclusion and entrepreneurial experiences, a resume and three references to Pastor Kaitlyn Frantz.
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 815-200-9105